5150(6505)/5150 II(6505+) and Rectifier Comparison Thread

Hey guys, thought I would share a couple of recordings I did regarding the 6505 as part of some research for my album I am recording for my masters.

This one is a tone experiment, This video shows various different settings used and plays the resulting sound. The settings are listed as 5 numbers (low, mid, high, resonance, presence).

All other settings were unchanged throughout.

These were recorded with two Shure SM57s and a Sennheiser MD421. I also used a Boss NS2 and Ibanez TS9DX in front of the amp. The guitar was an Ibanez Prestige RG2570Z with a DiMarzio Crunch Lab pickup.

Some of these settings are just ones I wanted to try myself, others are supposed settings used by various bands that use this amp. I would like to say that I cannot verify how accurate these are, as some are from the Peavey 6505 manual and some are from various websites and forums. Some of them are for the 6505+ or the 5150 III, but I decided to try them on the 6505. I simply found the settings and wanted to try them, but I cannot comment on accuracy.

Finally, these clips are completely dry. There is no processing at all, the only changes I made was levelling out the volumes of the three microphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mp7JrC65aI&list=UU6ebB0Fev3ADUViAOkXmhww

I also wanted to test how the volume of the 6505 directly affects the tone. I recorded these clips using two Shure SM57s and a Sennheiser MD421.

I played the riff once per volume setting. All EQ settings were set to 6.

To compensate for the increase in volume, I adjusted the input gains on the channels to compensate, so that the recorded volume was as consistent as possible.

Hope this helps, thanks for watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdfmoMZO13g&index=4&list=UU6ebB0Fev3ADUViAOkXmhww

quick playthrough of peavey 6505 and music man axis. I always dreamed about having 5150/6505 but newer got it, first I didn't have money, then I when I had money I already had some other amps.