5150/5150 II/5150 III Tone Comparison (CLIPZ)

Which 5150 revision is which?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regardless there isnt a shity tone in the lot.

This.

They all sound shit hot, you'd just need a slightly different post-eq approach for each one. Though with some tweaking I think you could get all 3 nigh on identical.

Admittedly it would have been nice to have a unmodded 5150II in the test. And maybe the Bugera 6505 clones too.

6505+
6505+ modded to 6505 specs
5150III

^Would be the ultimate shootout!

FUCK I didn't realize you had to click multiple options to do a multiple vote:erk:
I just assumed you vote, then came back to the poll and voted 2 more times, hence why it only shows me as only having voted for one option:erk:

Anyway, had I been able to vote properly:

1. 5150 II
2. 5150
3. 5150 III

I honestly couldn't tell a big difference between the first 1 minute of the clip, but the last 30 seconds just stuck out like dogs balls straight away

Also, while I'm here, damn Jeff, I really dig this tune, but as I said on the Duncan forums I was never a big fan of the POD tone you had for it.
With these re-amps, it's the tone I had in my head that just sounds so fucking perfect for your tune.

Do either Greg or you have the full length tracks so I could be able to hear the whole song with the glory of the 3 awesome re-amp jobs?

Also, while I'm here, damn Jeff, I really dig this tune, but as I said on the Duncan forums I was never a big fan of the POD tone you had for it.
With these re-amps, it's the tone I had in my head that just sounds so fucking perfect for your tune.

Do either Greg or you have the full length tracks so I could be able to hear the whole song with the glory of the 3 awesome re-amp jobs?

I really dig the riffs too. I love me some harmony!

Cheers Jeff, look forward to it.
Even with the weird boxy POD tone, I've been listening to that tune (the full clip you posted a while back on the Duncan forum) almost every day. Tight as fuck rhythm playing too

Haha, I got the 5150/5150 II Guesses wrong.
3 just couldn't have been anything else other than the 5150 III, definitely less powerful in those lower mids than a 5150. Still a great tone though and arguably would work better for certain contexts than a 5150 or 5150II :)

No problem, Jonesy!

I'm glad this was an educational thread. Lasse, if you happen to read this, if you could move the OP into the revision comparison sticky, it would be nice.