Been to any good prog concerts lately?

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
I was going to see Trible tech and the Chick Correa/Pattituchi/gambale/wrekle bands in April this year. I was also going to get BACKSTAGE passes to it 'coz my teachers band, Thonk ( www.getthonked.com ) was going to be support act for both of them. But NOOO!, those stupid americans wanted too much money so it didn't happen.!!!

I just cannot believe it, trible tech.........Victor Wooten..........GAMBALE.............and you missed them.............. i can`t download the file i`ve already Unrared it but it still says it`s corrupt, heck i`ll just buy the cd from Australia. I want to have a teacher like you have :erk: .

Well, I went to that DT concert.

So yes, I HAVE been to a good prog concert lately. It was awesome... the looked like they were having a lot of fun up there, much better than when I saw them last September.

heeey, in Australia is mr drumshredder (???) Virgil Donati, the "thunder from down under" (as it appears on his website, www.virgildonati.com (check it out, has some samples, amazing I must say)). I've heard australia is great for jazz concerts too, tribal tech has already toured it a couple of times i think.

Virg is probably the best drummer in the world, period,

@ shredmaster, sorrey your having troubles, but i'm sure you wont be dissapionted with it.

@ Demonspell, you know who thonk is?

I saw Stratovarius in London a few months back (not prog i know) but they were supported by Thunderstone and SYMPHONY X! I went to the concert to see symphony x anyway even thought they were only support. They were awsome. They started with the first 4 tracks off The Odyssey and i don't know what the other songs were cos at the time i'd only heard the Odyssey but they were still incredible. Although 4 hours of double bass pedals made my chest hurt! :D