Beer thread (inspired by Strong Bad cartoon)

Originally posted by FrostGiant
I drink much Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark. I also drink Miller Lite. I also drink Milwaukee's Best. I've also been known to drink Michelob Light. Sprecher is a good beer. Nut Brown Ale from the Angelic Brewing Company in Madison is really good, but you can only get it there (and drink it there I might add). New Glarus Brewing Co. has some good beers to. I'm partial to their red beer. I don't like Guinness.
Those are all great, and you can get them in chicago too- I've had the New Glarus and the Leine's Creamy Dark. Sprecher is good, but I do have an aversion to some german beers. They're better than most though, and those 16 oz bottles are awesome.

Never had Angelic- and you might wanna try Lakefront. They make a lot of different stuff.

Originally posted by sigil23
I'd also mention that's a Belgian style ale like all of the Unibroue beers. That brewery is amazing. They do a great mulled cherry ale as well. Unfortunately all Belgian beer including the stylists are way too expensive, but if they were cheap, many of us wouldn't leave the house again.

m

AMAZING. I HAVE TO TRY THIS STUFF.

Why can't my band's board talk about shit like this?
I QUIT!

Originally posted by chupe666
Shit, I'll have to look into that- I'm not real sure we can get that here in Chicago, but it's possible. I've gotten CA stuff like Anderson Valley (the ones with the bear with the antlers?)

Yeah, I remember I had a shirt from this brewery years ago. It took me like a year to get the joke bear+deer = beer. They do brew good beer. We have a lot of good microbreweries out this way, but given the choice I'd rather have a Belgian, German or British beer.

m

ddsign_jpg.jpg

He's in the band that's playing with Spirit Caravan and Place of Skulls.

lol thanks Josh! Uncle Ted delivers once again.

yup, Novembep's Doom. Thanks frostgiant! That show was so fun- I got to see PoS and SC soundcheck just a week or two before SC broke up and Wino joined PoS. That band should rule, esp. with Ron from Trouble on bass! PSYCHED I AM.

Originally posted by Nagle
sigil23:

Lindemann's stuff is awesome. As far as lambics go, I like their Framboise the best. I like the Cantillions too. Sierra Nevada Porter's another favorite of mine.

Lambics are strange beers. The more authentic and independent they are, the less sweet and more availability to bizarre tastes. I've tried the Cantillons as well although the stores around here no longer carry that sort of thing. I once had a lambic that tasted exactly like bleu cheese. I thought that it must have gone bad, but then I read in Michael Jackson's book that this is what it actually does taste like. Needless to say it was an acquired taste I can do without and I will stick to the sweetened Lindemanns varieties. If lambics were $2 beers rather than $5 beers, I'd keep a keg in my refrigerator.

And yeah, Sierra Nevada Porter has got to be one of the best American porters. I still find the style a bit gnarly with Cascade hops, but it's tops where that is concerned.

mike

I just tried Hop Devil from Victory breweries (a local Philly beer) and it's really good. It's an EXTREMELY hoppy IPA. Thought some of you (chupe666 especially) would want to know.

Originally posted by FuSoYa
Nagle started a beer thread and is not even of age yet.

Sayin'
I would simply like to point out that it wasn't me that pointed this out. Uh, yeah. At least not here.

Well, at least he's got good taste in beer; doesn't that count more than a 50-yr old guy who drinks Stag Beer out of an old boot?

Nagle: Yep, that HOP DEVIL DEFINITELY sounds up my drunken alley. Gotta try that. I haven't really ventured into the lambics yet, but I will.