Beer

Gadlor

Herald of Homoerotic Fury
Aug 10, 2002
Aruba
Alright, we've covered most of the good things in life on this forum so far: death metal and video games.

Let's get to the last of the holy triumvirate: beer. I like the snooty microbrewery kind, but I promise not to laugh at you if you say Natty Ice.

What do you drink and why is it awesome?

I am a sucker for porters, stouts, brown ales, hefeweizens, and some IPAs - but I'll try anything put in front of me. Too much ABV will blow my 140 pound frame away, though.

As far as breweries: Victory, Great Lakes, Unibroue, and Stone are my go-tos. I laugh like a maniac as I guzzle Stone's Porter. Kind of like this:

HAHAHAHAHA GZZZZZBLUBBLUBBLUB HAHAHAHRAHRARH

so yes. what's your poison?

unibroue.gif
:worship:

boucanier.gif
:worship:

Also dig Paulaner's Hefe, Newcastle, Guinness, and a bunch others even though I'm most partial to Belgian style stuff. But I'll drink Heineken or Yuengling too.

2972218081_2501fb62cb.jpg

One ov the most grim + nekkro beers ever. I remember drawing upside down crosses and shit on the bottle after a few of these haha while listening to Darkthrone.

While I prefer to fuel my alcoholism with vodka, I do enjoy some beer. If I'm not feeling very snazzy and just want something good from the grocery, I'll pick up either Blue Moon or Fat Tire. I like pretty much all of New Belgium Brewing Co's beers (makers of Fat Tire), and the brewery is like 45 mins from where I live. If it's party time, gotta go with Coors Light just for the taste/extreme value combo. Also live like 15 mins from the Coors Brewery (weird huh) and toured it a few times. A lot dirtier than I expected. Don't really do the microbrews, too expensive.

Pshhhhhhhhhh!! Don't do the microbrews?!

What kinda stock market supergenius are you :Smug: I fully expect you to be swigging barrel-aged stouts while you fly down the highway in your Bugatti.

No offense Don, but I have to laugh when people play the expensive card. Alot of good beers aren't more than 3 bucks more than a decent macro (Heineken, Yuengling etc). Unless we're talking about keystone or natty ice, the price difference isn't that much brah.

I'm more along the lines of "which vodka is the shittiest/cheapest, sir? will it look nice in my car?" rather than being experimental with the tons of microbrew options. I think after college they become more prevalent. I'm only 21 so I'm still blossoming into the beautiful beer princess that I will become in a few years.

i would expect no less savagery from gums!

Stone Brewery is definitely one of my favorites. great taste, awesome art, hilarious boastful descriptions on the bottle, and high ABV!

6.9%
StoneIPA4.jpg

5.4%
2819226252_ac35226666_o.jpg

this one was pretty brutal 10.5%
3221035847_1502930d54_o.jpg

if you are ever in north San Diego county i suggest you visit the brewery, its pretty amazing. like 20+ of their own beers on tap with probably another 20 of their favorites (many from CA), they have this giant compound out in the sticks surrounded by huge granite walls, boulders everywhere, and the food was really good!

Eye of the Hawk is tasty and 8%
3171090951_422cc31833.jpg

boont and outmeal stout from Anderson Valley
600x800px-LL-boont.jpg

bfos1.jpg

ok thats mostly my 'usuals' i get at the store. i also love eating at breweries and trying their beer, they usually have something interesting!

carslberg_guld.jpg

Seriously, dudes, I enjoy a nice Belgian as much as the next guy, but when it comes to quantity, Carlsberg is teh seXXXzzors.

I'm pretty sure that just like Heineken, Carlsberg is worse here than it is in Europe because it's brewed under license in the States by a diff company.

I'm still sort of new to alcohol in general, to be honest. I turned 21 in January, and I had a few token drinks then but I didn't actually discover how much I actually like beer (and rum, not much for anything else though) until a few months ago. I haven't tried much, but I'm a fan of Yuengling, Blue Moon, Hoegarten, and Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier (had to look that up) among other things. I'd much rather not drink at all than have Natty Ice or Keystone Light or something like that.

True story: one of my first drinking experiences, and first time drunk, was Atlantic City Beerfest. With my parents.

I am exhuming the corpse of this thread:

southern%20tier%20creme%20brulee%20stout.jpg

3685136995_3897a928fa.jpg

261092279_55aa9dc771.jpg

ALL of these are AMAAAAAAZZZIIIIIIIING. Stone's Ruination IPA is also great.