Behemoth - W.Hollywood, CA - February 2, 2005

Rodrigo

Heat in 7
Apr 17, 2001
Southern California
BEHEMOTH
KEY CLUB - W. HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 2, 2005
BY RODRIGO ESCANDON

Behemoth is currently touring with Suffocation and Cattle Decapitation but they were the only band that interested me in watching. So on a cool and crisp night I made my way to the Key Club, which is quickly becoming the favorite destination for most of the metal tours that come to Los Angeles and undoubtedly it’s one of the better places to catch a show. The stage is just about 3 or 4 feet above the pit area and there is no division to separate the stage with the fans. So one can really see a performance really up close and personal.

I made to the club just as Cattle Decapitation was beginning their set. By this time the club was already packed and it took some time of pushing my way through to go to the bottom part of the venue where the merchandise section was. Down there I met some of the Century Media folks and just talked to them during the entire time that Cattle Decapitation played. During our conversation I found out that Behemoth was going to have a shortened set possibly due to some curfew that the Key Club had to honor. This was very unfortunate to hear but what can you do?

Once Cattle Decapitation ended their set, I went back upstairs, got a beer and got as close as possible to the stage. It didn’t take the band long to setup their stage and soon we were experiencing the intensity that a Behemoth show provides. Nergal and the rest of the band do an outstanding job of commanding the stage and capturing everyone’s attention. Since this is a tour for their newest album Demigod, the band played “Conquer All”, “Demigod” and “Sculpting the Throne ov Seth” and got an enthusiastic response for all these new songs. They rounded up the set list with such classics like “Christians to the Lions”, “As Above So Below” and “Chant for Eschaton 2000”. Behemoth relentlessly played for 30 minutes and everyone at the sold-out Key Club looked to have thoroughly enjoyed their performance.

With no interest whatsoever of seeing Suffocation (I am just not a fan) I decided to call it a night and head back home leaving totally impressed by Behemoth’s performance and hoping to see them again quite soon.

Great review. I caught this tour at BB Kings in NYC and if Behemoth were not on the bill I would not have gone. I like Suffocation but have seen them before. Cattle Decapitation and the other openers don't do it for me. It was all about Behemoth and they took control of that place and it was just madness running wild. Insane pits, very loud metal, it was like getting hit in the face with a truck. When Conquer All hit there was not one person in that place not moving. Can't wait to see them in two weeks on tour with King Diamond.

i bought the alst dvd of behemoth and its incredibleeeeee amazing,the sound is really great

Saw them back in October in las vegas on BoTB with Danzig.
They fuckin' ruled. I had heard a lot of their older stuff (Zos Kia Cultus and earlier) live from their Crush Fukk Create dvd and stuff i've downloaded off the net, so i was really excited to hear shit off of Demigod live, and i was greatly impressed. I dont think i've ever gotten as into it as i have when they played, i was headbanging so hard i tore muscles in my lower back and couldn't move my neck for three days after. it ruled.
We also got to meet the band out by their tourbus after their set got over, they were way awesome guys.
They're definatly a band that everybody who likes metal needs to see live.
behemoth owns.