Behemoth's frontman Nergal ill

"I do not want to bore you with details, but I can no longer hide the fact that I am seriously ill and waiting for my multi-stage treatment, which can take up to several months. Thus, we delete the upcoming summer festivals, planned for September and October tour in Russia and the Baltic States and the November tour in the USA. I know that this is not the best news for you, but health is most important. I've got a rather difficult period, and a lot of work , but steel become hardened in the fire, is not it? You know me, so that you know that I'll get out of this stronger than ever. Then all the concerts also will plan from scratch and even greater momentum. At this time, I feel good, my head is focused to fight the disease, everything is under control by professionals. I have with me the most wonderful and loving woman, family, team, managers and people from publishing companies who are doing everything to support me.I do not ask you for more than just a little bit of patience. I would add that the fact that in the near future we will not be touring does not mean that Behemoth gets into hibernation. We have a lot to offer you in the coming months, Behemoth will work on many other fronts. In coming days expect release of our latest clip "Alas, Lord Is Upon Me." Ensures that this is the most perfect, the most provocative and stimulating I have ever made a picture. In addition, finish work on the DVD release trzyplytowym "Evangelia Heretika" which will be released in November of that year effort Mystic Prod This month we open our shop in the whole world, while working on new designs T-shirts and sophisticated gadgets that are in it available. That would be enough ... we will keep you informed of what's happening in our camp. Horns Up! "

Yeah, I hate Behemoth due to their Fascist/Nazi imagery, but it's still sad.

I never heard their music has anything about Fascist/Nazi.

The imagery is similar though.

They are from Poland.
Nazi stuff? Why?

behemothatthearenaovaio.jpg
nazieagle01.gif

My thoughts exactly. Though it can't be ruled out I think Polish, or any Slavonic for that sake, Nazists are rather rare since Nazism doesn't quite like Slavonic peoples.

Furthermore, one should also question where Hitler has got his imagery. The Swastika, for example, was borrowed from ancient Indo-European heretic religions who used it as a symbol for the sun. This explains why it is found in some current day folk metal bands.

^ Of course I do, I've seen them live. It's not ridiculous, it's there.

haha sorry but thats just straighforward bullshit, and being a behemoth fan it makes quite pissed off. Could u start to explain what u even mean by Fascist/Nazi imagery?

The evolution of the eagle in the German coat of arms:
wappen1.gif

And the eagle in the Polish coat of arms:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Poland

So if that is the only hint at them being Nazis or whatever I think it is one that can be ignored. Plenty of other countries use the eagle in their coat of arms as well, the US for example.

I've read some of their lyrics and liner notes. While there's nothing there that cries out "nazi" or anything of the sort, there's nothing much worth defending either. So.

However, I'm not sure how nazi/fascist imagery needs explaining. What part is unclear that a dictionary cannot clarify?

Still sad about the guy, though. It's not a good year.

Good point Matse. That would imply that the German government or army actually uses Nazi imagery and I can't imagine that since I can't think of any country more anti Nazism nowadays than Germany.

And yeah Rahvin, it's not a good year to be a heavy metal musician. If he dies this year that'll be the fourth already as far as I'm concerned.

Hey everyone is entitled to his opinions, and it's definitely not "straightforward bullshit". I'm not exactly referring to the use of the eagle, but more to the lyrics. I'm just saying, I don't want to turn this into a "Is Behemoth Fascist or not?".

It's actually a great year concerning albums, but not with "people dying".

Peter Steele, DIO (counts as 1K), the guy from Slipknot (don't really care). And now I just read this so I'm totally devastated:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2010/aug/26/anime-satoshi-kon-japanese-cinema

trying to make sense of anything danny boy posts is an exercise in futility, as he knows everything, he is right about everything

there is a more serious issue here, Nergal has leukemia and needs a bone marrow transplant
and the only way he can get the bone marrow is from you and me
so why not become a bone marrow donor, you may not help him but you can save someone else's life

http://www.marrow.org/index.html?src=GOOG04310

I'm sure there is a bone marrow donor organization in your country

I've read some of their lyrics and liner notes. While there's nothing there that cries out "nazi" or anything of the sort, there's nothing much worth defending either. So.

However, I'm not sure how nazi/fascist imagery needs explaining. What part is unclear that a dictionary cannot clarify?

Still sad about the guy, though. It's not a good year.

I wasnt asking for a definition out of a dictionary or something. I was asking HIM to explain what HE meant. This is because I drew the conclusion that one either has A) to be blind B) he has a definition that obviously isnt coherent with mine to be making that statement. Furthermore, i think its a bit wierd to post a comment like this and not expect a discussion. As the point has been made earlier about Behemoth and this goes for a lot of metalbands (especially swedish), they use a lot of symbols from ancient cultures and pagan religions of which a lot were used by the nazis, drawing the conclusion that they have fascist/nazi imagenery is just ignorant and not knowing anything about european history. Sorry if i sound rude but these kind of statements are quite common and it really irritates me.

HOWEVER, i really hope he gets better!!! In respect for this, I wont add anything further to the discussion regarding the nazithing.

I wasnt asking for a definition out of a dictionary or something. I was asking HIM to explain what HE meant. This is because I drew the conclusion that one either has A) to be blind B) he has a definition that obviously isnt coherent with mine to be making that statement. Furthermore, i think its a bit wierd to post a comment like this and not expect a discussion. As the point has been made earlier about Behemoth and this goes for a lot of metalbands (especially swedish), they use a lot of symbols from ancient cultures and pagan religions of which a lot were used by the nazis, drawing the conclusion that they have fascist/nazi imagenery is just ignorant and not knowing anything about european history. Sorry if i sound rude but these kind of statements are quite common and it really irritates me.

HOWEVER, i really hope he gets better!!! In respect for this, I wont add anything further to the discussion regarding the nazithing.

I still stand behind the imagery thing and the lyrics, although you're entitled to your opinion; just as I am. I'm pretty sure I know a lot about European history, perhaps more than you do. You're totally biased because you're a Behemoth fan, it's as if someone told me that DT is satanic: I'd feel the same, insulted. But I still think there's a certain fascist/Nazi imagery in the band.

As the point has been made earlier about Behemoth and this goes for a lot of metalbands (especially swedish), they use a lot of symbols from ancient cultures and pagan religions of which a lot were used by the nazis, drawing the conclusion that they have fascist/nazi imagenery is just ignorant and not knowing anything about european history.

I agree with you, to a degree. But see, it's a bit like the swastika symbol: everyone and their aunt will go out of their way to specify it pre-existed the dreadful use Nazis made of it, and yet I would instantly be suspicious of any artist who would use it abundantly in their work "but oh we're totally using it in the pre-Nazi way so it's cool". I'm not talking about Behemoth now, just making a general point. Basically, if you're aware of the implications of something and you don't stand by those implications, well... don't use it, you moron! ;)

edit: Ah, and what La Rocque said about being marrow donors. We should all do it.

I agree with Rahvin, he put it in better words than I did, thanks.

Sorry Maxim, I didn't want to derail the thread; I know I should have an "off-topic/derailer" title haha.

I think that Leukaemia is one of the worst Cancers (and the pancreatic one), but I'm not a medical doctor so I can't really say that. That

I'm not much of a Behemoth fan, but I've seen them twice and Nergal has such a powerful stage presence. I hope he gets better, 'cause shit, he just got engaged.