Behind The Scenes Look At Touring Gear-Video!

Darin J Moore

May 7, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Found this which I thought was pretty cool! Looks like Chris is experimenting with the Fractal Axe-fX Ultra.

Harmony Central went behind the scenes with the MEGADETH stage techs and got a first-hand look at the gear being used during the "Rust In Peace 20th Anniversary Tour". Watch the nine-minute clip below.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZX0_13aR3Q&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

That thing does really sound amazing. A friend of mine just got one and hes been sending me clips. I have been a Tube Amp purist for 25 years and now this thing comes out and completely changes everything. It sounds so real its terrifying!!!

Holy crap, Chris's white RGA has a quilt top on it! I thought it was just pure white. Seeexxxxyyyyyy. :D:D:D:D Also, were those stainless steel frets I spotted?

I've yet to get to play one, but am very curious myself as I read nothing but good things and the Youtube clips sound great - especially since I'm in the market for a new rig!

I am totally blown away by it.

I have the amp collection from hell

1980 Marshall JMP (pre JCM series)
Peavey 5150
Mesa mkIV
Peavey Valveking
Peavey Windsor
Marshall JCM800
ADA MP-1

This thing is literally replacing all of them I think. I wont know till I get it on stage but in the studio is very very impressive so far.

Thanks Guru!!! I appreciate the input! I recently purchased an Engl E850/100 poweramp and had planned on pairing it with an E570, ( the only reason I didn't was that it was on back-order - it's now back in stock ). I just keep hearing more & more about the Axe-fx. A friend of mine here in Dayton has the Standard which he's letting me check out later this week. I'm back out gigging in a month, so want to make a quick, but informed decision!

Hey.>Darin..Pete Pachio here from SHREDGUY ..Dude..I love my AXEFX..Right now all I am doing is recording with it and running it into my powered monitors..the tones are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! The Mesa tones annihilate the MESA tones on a TRIAXIS..i mean the mk2c+ is spot on! The Mk 4, and the RECTOS are INTENSE.. The 5150 is really Killer ,great for rhythms. The Bogner Uber, and Xtacy are great as well as the DIezel vh-4..So far the only amp model to me that doesnt sound as good as the original is the ENGL powerball.But with enough tweaking(because I havent spent that much time on it)...It should come very close! Shred On Man!

Hey Pete...Imagine seeing you at a place like this. Ha! Thanks for the input and offering specifics on some of the models. I've heard some really cool -spillovers in between patches that I was impressed with effect wise - I'm not really hearing of anyone who does not love theirs...