Behringer does it again!

Bugera isn't even made by Behringer.
Behringer are the distributors, IIRC Bugera is actually made my Blue Chip.

No, they're made in the infamous "Behringer City" in China. They're marketed as a seemingly independent company (Red Chip Company Ltd.) and a seemingly independent brand (Bugera) with Behringer distribution, but that's just humongous horse-shit.

Red Chip is a sham company, that only consists of a post box on the - surprise, surprise - Virgin Islands. :err:

Bugera IS Behringer.

It's just a marketing strategy to give the Bugera brand a clean start without the shady Behringer rep.

Do you think Mesa Boogie came about from being totally original? They exist today because Randall Smith fucked around with Fender amps/circuits etc and made them his own amp. The 5150, a favorite of many of this forum board, is hardly the most original amp around.

it's one thing to take other people's designs and tweak upon and improve them - it's another to 100% copy them, but then build it with inferior components and sell it under a similar name for a much lower cost

and is there any way you can seriously try to compare mesa and behringer? mesa have been producing gear of the very highest quality(and pricepoint) for decades, while behringer blatantly shit all over other manufacturers

B1030A_P0A0X_Front_web.png

lol

Wow. I thought this was just a really good Photoshop job. That is a pretty blatant design rip. In Behringer's defense though, i have had the B2031A active monitors for a few years now and enjoy them quite a bit, though that may be because that was all I could afford at the time. My B2029A Sub just recently crapped out after about two years, however.

I have Behringer V-Amp2 for several years (from 2003) and it is still working.
Don`t like the way they used for power supply connection - can cause some problem.
V-Amp2 is superior to Pod because it has 24 bit processing vs 18 bit (if I`m remember correctly) of Pod (not XT).
But I`m not using V-Amp2 in recording, only for practice at night and similar.

No, they're made in the infamous "Behringer City" in China. They're marketed as a seemingly independent company (Red Chip Company Ltd.) and a seemingly independent brand (Bugera) with Behringer distribution, but that's just humongous horse-shit.

Red Chip is a sham company, that only consists of a post box on the - surprise, surprise - Virgin Islands. :err:

Bugera IS Behringer.

It's just a marketing strategy to give the Bugera brand a clean start without the shady Behringer rep.

Clears up a misconception I had then:lol:

I still love my V-Ampire combo amp. It slays any Line 6 Spider amp, even the Spider IV, when it comes to tone.

But I do agree that they could be at least a little less blatant about their rippoffs. I wonder if anyone has ever tried taking legal action?

I still love my V-Ampire combo amp. It slays any Line 6 Spider amp, even the Spider IV, when it comes to tone.

But I do agree that they could be at least a little less blatant about their rippoffs. I wonder if anyone has ever tried taking legal action?

The V-Ampire amp range is insanely good for the price, I have to say.

"The new website is a big improvement and we would like to thank our customers for their part in the project, as well.

In July, we asked our customers to vote on a new web design and to take a brief survey. The response was amazing. We received over 8,000 detailed responses. What we found was that, overwhelmingly, people preferred a clean design on a white background with bold imagery and lots of whitespace.

Armed with this information, we went back to the drawing board with the goal of addressing our customers' concerns and improving every corner of the website."

Hahaha, they make it sound so good too! I can't believe this... it's a direct clone. Fuck, I've been studying Media & Communication and 3D Graphics and shit and the way I've been tought about copyright and stuff, this feels like a fatal crime to me! Can't believe they're doing this AND getting away with it... *shrugs*

Uli is such a 'legal' crook. I will never support their products anymore. Anyone who starts a company with the intent to DIRECTLY copy anothers design is a POS in my opinion. He manages to almost completely stay in the legality of it all too, thanks to his expensive law team he has. Think about it. All he does is find a new product, has his design team reverse engineer it, then the lawyers check to make sure it doesn't break any laws. If they deem that it does, they just change as little as possible to get it to fall into the completely legal side.

Christ, the least he could do is change to layout and look of the damn things. But that is the whole point, he wants you to see the resemblance so you think you are buying a cheaper version of the real thing. But we all know that they never stack up to the quality of the real thing.

Trust me, I've used Venice since 1999 and it does NOT have a pad in it. Look yourself if you don't trust me:

http://www.midasconsoles.com/images/content/products/product_shots/venice/venice-back.jpg
I was at a show on Thursday and I knew the FOH guy. He had just bought a Venice board and used it at this gig. So I asked him about the pad. He said he wouldn't need one anyway since the Gain knob allowes for -20 db ajusted while other boards only have -10 db. That's what he said anyway. I never looked at the numbers on a gain knob when doing FOH so far so I can't tell if this is true.

What the fuck about those fuckers in China making Ibanez clone guitars that don't even last a few months?

It's funny you say this because Ibanez was notorious for copying Gibson, Fender, Rickenbacker, and other American/European guitars for decades. This is how they got their name out while making a ton of money. It wasn't until a bunch of lawsuits that they began making their own stuff. By that time, they had enough resources to innovate (if you call the "superstrat" an innovation).

It seems that cheap copied shit gets a lot of flak because they are a no-name brand and/or they copy so blatantly. When these companies make some money by copying (or until they are taken to court), they start to innovate more and increase the quality of their products. This has been the pattern of so many companies that caught up to the big wigs in the industry. How hypocritical would it be if Ibanez sued some Chinese company for copying their products?

That said, I wonder if Behringer will ever begin to innovate themselves. It's one thing to start your company like this, but it's another thing to continue doing so after you have acquired enough resources to innovate.

The V-Ampire amp range is insanely good for the price, I have to say.

Too bad all the other people I've met who use one don't know how to work the darn thing. Half of em' have it set to studio mode, where it's supposed to be used for line out only. :zombie: Then again, it usually comes outa the store that way. I am still to think of a reason why.

Just hold down two buttons, select L2 on the little screen, and you have awesome tone that beats any Spider amp out there.