Being completely serious (Harman Kardon Computer Speakers)

dude you just let the cat out of the bag on these speakers. i have six pair of harmon/kardon computer speakers and they are all killer. i'm hoping they will last me for the rest of my life. whenever i do a mix with them i never have to reference my mix in my car or home stereo.

those came with a dell i bought a long time ago, and i mixed alot of stuff on them. They are actually pretty solid monitors. The bass response was always right on, and my mixes translated pretty well. The only thing i will say is that they're alittle cloudy compared to "real" monitors.

i've got these

all.jpg

And they are awesome.

^ pic is missing bro!

Yea i just ordered a pair of Harman Kardon with the sub on Ebay cause i need some new computer speakers and I can always use another reference source! Thanks for the post and looking forward to trying these out soon....

those came with a dell i bought a long time ago, and i mixed alot of stuff on them. They are actually pretty solid monitors. The bass response was always right on, and my mixes translated pretty well. The only thing i will say is that they're alittle cloudy compared to "real" monitors.

Ditto - still have them. The old Dell is long gone, but the speakers live on....

A question about the sub usage. Those of you who reference mixes with these, do you keep the sub volume knob fully dimed? And what about the placement of the tone knob?

I usually do keep the vol. maxed and the tone knob at 12 oclock.

Anywho, a lot of material that I find great sounding from the Rate My Mix threads (great sounding from other opinions based on their comments too), sound truly balanced on my AKG K240 Monitors and other PC Speakers, but usually are a bit muddy and crowded in the lows on the HK395's. Not all the time, but a lot of the time. I also check and listen to a lot of non-metal stuff and it sounds balanced on these.

Any insight? I'd appreciate it. I'm also aware that I need room treatment, but this is for referencing and the casual listener won't have treatment anyway.

is there any other equipment like this for the low budget recorders? i mean like something from other manufacturers like edifier or else? it'd be amazing... i mean... i prefer to spend like 50 bucks on something like this than $500 in monitors i don't really like...

Just bought a set of these also out of curiosity and am waiting for them to be delivered as Ive never been overjoyed with my Alesis mkII actives so the more monitors the merrier!

Ive never mixed with a sub before so would be interested in how you guys have set up the HK395's?

Cheers