Bello out of Anthrax

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
WOW! That would be rough, to leave after 20 years. Looks like they can open for themselves now as Armored Saint. :)

www.blabbermouth.com

EDDIE TRUNK 'Confirms' FRANK BELLO's Departure From ANTHRAX - Mar. 3, 2004

New York hard rock radio personality Eddie Trunk has posted the following message on his web site, www.EddieTrunk.com

"Getting lots of emails about rumors of Frank Bello and ANTHRAX separating. Many of you know Frank is a close friend of mine for many years and has been on my show often, most recently a few weeks ago. The REAL story is this: it is likely that Frank's days as a member of ANTHRAX are over. There has been no official statement released, but it's safe to say that he is pretty much out of the band. There are many factors that led to this, and when Frank wants to speak about them publicly he will on my show. Right now there are several legal and contractual issues being resolved before anything is 100% official, but his days in the band are more or less over. Frank has been in the band 20 years, and I'm sure he will have some great plans and opportunities in the future, however reports that he has joined HELMET are NOT true! At this point he is not in a band, and when that changes, I'll let you know. Frank is a great friend and a great talent, and I know he will have success again in whatever he does. As for ANTHRAX, it is true that they will tour with ARMORED SAINT bassist Joey Vera for upcoming shows in Japan and Australia. At this point he is being billed as a temporary member. Of course I've known all the guys in ANTHRAX nearly 20 years and will continue to support them as well. Frank's final appearances with the band will be on the upcoming DVD and remake album. I'll keep you posted as more develops, but please be careful when reading unconfirmed reports on the web about anything from unofficial sources! Frank is not in HELMET. If anything changes, I will let you know."

Well, now Anthrax will be another one of those bands with only 2 original members...Scott and Charlie...I hate when that happens. Next Scott or Charlie will call it quits and there will be ONE member left touring under Anthrax's name...
oh the humanity.

Real surprise, I would have expected John Bush to bail out to Armored Saint, but not Frank. Evidently Charlie is pulling the strings too much, I guess he has lost it too.
Let's wait and see the official statements from both sides, but there's somenthing absolutely fishy here. I wonder how much of Billy Milano's rants against Charlie and Scott because of Dan lilker and the S.O.D thing were justified or not now :erk:

I hope that is Frank is not retiring, he ends in a good band (no Metallica, no Megadeth, no Ozzy).

Put a fork in 'em they are done! Anthrax has always appeared to be chasing success, the closest they got on The Sound of White Noise. Most bands woulb be cool with that, but not Charly. John should jump ship before he sinks to the bottom with the rest of the band. I know as an Armored Saint fan I would welcome him back!
Bello is a loss only in the sense that he's a longtime member, but he wasn't an original member, I didn't consider him much of a bass player, so having a "real" replacement in the band like Vera can just improve the band....

Frankie in Metallica.... hummmm.... makes more sense than Robert. Because Robert is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to good to be playing with them.

Greeno said:
Frankie in Metallica.... hummmm.... makes more sense than Robert. Because Robert is WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to good to be playing with them.
I agree, Frankie would be a better fit for Metallica$h, he's again not much of a bottom end guy... Robert is way to good for them? Damn, you! I should have your mouth rinsed out with that butterfaced Doro Pesch's douche water! Gargle, gargle, don't spit! Swallow! Robert is prancing on stage like a fuckin' monkey with arthritis! He's like the Keith Richards of metal, those two fuckin' knuckle draggers...
Oink! \m/

sixxswine said:
I didn't consider him much of a bass player,

Man I couldnt even Begin to explain how totally much I disagree with you Frankie is fukin incredible IMO Maybe its just me but whether I'm Listening to Him Play or I'm trying to play along with him hes great I mean Listen to the Bass in the chorus of AIR great shit lol hahahahaha I guess we cant agree on everything can we Ol' boy :D

sixxswine said:
Robert is way to good for them? Damn, you! I should have your mouth rinsed out with that butterfaced Doro Pesch's douche water! Gargle, gargle, don't spit! Swallow! Robert is prancing on stage like a fuckin' monkey with arthritis! He's like the Keith Richards of metal, those two fuckin' knuckle draggers...
Oink! \m/

He's playing down to their level. I agree that his "stage show" is stupid but that dude can play. Check out some old Suicidal. When I saw them live he was amazing, now he's just pounding on an E.

JonnyD said:
Man I couldnt even Begin to explain how totally much I disagree with you Frankie is fukin incredible IMO Maybe its just me but whether I'm Listening to Him Play or I'm trying to play along with him hes great I mean Listen to the Bass in the chorus of AIR great shit lol hahahahaha I guess we cant agree on everything can we Ol' boy :D

I think Frankie is a solid bass player also. When I think of great players he doesn't leap to mind, but he's far from bellow average.

sixxswine said:
No shit, I think Belladonna, Spitz, Lilker should get together & form the real Anthrax, I mean isn't there some kind of clause about the band with the most number of members can tour as the band? I think that would be funny....

They could call it Xarhtna...... get it? Remember how they called their one video tape "Oidivnikufesin". :)

I think Frankie is a great bassists. I mean, he SMOKES in "Got The Time". That's all you need to hear, man. He's fucking solid, and it sucks he's no longer in one of my favorite bands.