Best 1984 albums

Which are your favorite heavy metal albums of 1984?

• Total voters
Queensryche 'Warning' - this band changed my life. From the E.P. to Promised Land they were the best over that period, imo. They actually would occupy the #1 & #2 spots on my all time best of list with Rage For Order & Operation:Mindcrime.

Powerslave would be my #2 album of 1984. I thought Defenders was a step down from Screaming actually and it would be down the list a ways on my Priest faves.

Tbh, I thought Defenders of the Faith was a lot better than Screaming For Vengeance.

Plus, Screaming had too much filler. (i.e. Pain & Pleasure, Take These Chains, Fever)

Accept was almost in top form, Malmsteen fucking shocked the guitar world, Dio was at his peak, Metallica made a serious move toward progressive thrash and Metal Church exploded on the scene. It was a great year for metal.

Those are who I voted for, but Yngwie ruled 1984. His playing was rediculous for the time. No one had heard anything like that before and he changed the way metal guitar was played.

Bryant

Those are who I voted for, but Yngwie ruled 1984. His playing was rediculous for the time. No one had heard anything like that before and he changed the way metal guitar was played.

Yeah, right on! :headbang:
There really WERE so many awesome records released that year, that I totally forgot about Yngwie's! :worship:

What amuzes me here is that Maiden's at the 3rd place with Judas above them at 2nd. In my country Maiden are untouchable, especially among the frenzied teenagers just getting into metal... Judas don't really have a following strong that strong here, maybe because the record companies during ex-Yugoslavia didn't care to release licensed JP LPs that much, whereas almost all Maiden's were released pretty promtply.
Most metalheads here worship "Painkiller" and maybe like a song here and there from other releases...

What amuzes me here is that Maiden's at the 3rd place with Judas above them at 2nd.

What "amuses" (sarchastically) me is that Metallica got more votes than Iron Maiden or Judas Priest. I mean RTL is a good album but never in the league of masterpieces like DOTF and "Powerslave", basically saying that here is blasphemy :lol:

NP: Warlock - 'Kiss Of Death'

Tbh, I think Iron Maiden's Piece of Time deserves this title (minus Quest For Fire).

It's "Piece Of Mind" :D, and it's from 1983. And personally I like 'Quest For Fire' maybe because I saw the movie way before I had the album. Of course POM have the BEST song ever by Maiden 'Flight Of Icarus' ;)

Actually it is, but after number of the beast.

No way :p

It's "Piece Of Mind" :D, and it's from 1983. And personally I like 'Quest For Fire' maybe because I saw the movie way before I had the album. Of course POM have the BEST song ever by Maiden 'Flight Of Icarus' ;)

Oops, I got that album title confused with the Atheist
album Piece of Time, my bad, and I was replying to his post that Heaven & Hell was the metal album of the 80s, not just 84.

Damn, I forgot Mercyful Fate's "Don't Break the Oath". Sorry for that. :(

As you see, you have more than one choices.

Don't Break the Oath and Ride the Lightning hands down are the winners. :kickass: two of the best ever