Best album closer

The combination of these songs of Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon: Any Colour You Like, Brain Damage, Eclipse...

Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element

"Once he had forests and mountains
That were only his - listening to him
Once he would run through the summer days
Catching memories for ages to come
Now he is dressing this naked floor
With his flesh and blood, and times passes by
His trade of pain might just have lead him
To deal with consequence
For some change as time passes by"

One of my favorite moments in any song.... mainly because of the way Daniel sings it :worship:

plattopus said:
Evansecence - My Immortal (Fallen)
Thats probably my favorite off that album. I love the chanting at the end... Much for the same reason that I will add Dio's Shame on the Night from Holy Diver to the list. The ending rocks :headbang:

Also ICED EARTH -- A Question of Heaven :worship:

spawn said:
Yes. Maybe if you are listening to the Greatest Hits album instead of the original YOU BLOODY IDIOT.

*kicks himself for not checking this thread earlier*

I WOULDA HAD YOU! I WOULDA HAD YOU GODDAMMIT!

Its probably my favorite song on the album. If you put a gun to my head, I would say the order is:

In the name of God
Stream of Cons
Honour Thy Father
Endless Sacrifice
This Dying Soul
As I am

Left off vacant cause it is pretty hard to compare it to the rest... I love vacant though. TDS would have been higher, but the unison ending just doesn't do it for me. Sure, its amazing playing, but a little out of the blue and overkill. I fuckin love the intro to this dying soul though. Probably the high point of the album for me.

Blitz... You really gotta get some Pain of Salvation man.

My order would probably be something like this, if I leave out Vacant as well (which is awesome btw):

Honor Thy Father
Stream Of Consciousness
As I Am
Endless Sacrifice
This Dying Soul
In The Name Of God

That makes it look like I don't like This Dying Soul much, but I do, I give every song on the album, except In The Name Of God, 10/10.

I picked up The Perfect Element last time I was in JB, but wasn't in the mood for prog, so I put it back. Next time perhaps.

Just a tad champ!!!!

Nice one Tim! For me its the best album closer ever on a studio album. Firstly coz its one of my all time favourite songs but also coz it closes the album so perfectly!

I'm sure someone mentioned Eyes of a Stranger. Must have been in another thread - I can't be bothered checking the rest of this one.

Queensryche often had good closers:

Road to Madness :headbang:

I Will Remember :headbang:

ANYBODY LISTENING :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: One of my fave Queensryche songs

SOMEONE ELSE :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Another of my faves

I've said it before, but I'll say it again anyway - a bootleg I have from the Promised Land tour is tops because when they're doing their Mindcrime stuff, they go Waiting for 22 - Real World - Eyes of a Stranger. It's so brilliant, especially the way they redo Waiting for 22 to segue perfectly into Real World.

Spiff: I guess we just have a difference of opinion... I never really liked the extended version of BMS (although having said that, I only heard it AFTER I heard the original version, which is my least favourite DT song, so I might have had an inherent dislike for it)... but Hell's Kitchen on its own is one of my favourite DT songs.

And about In The Name Of God... that Battle Hymn section at the end is amazingly cool. I think the song as a whole is not my favourite on the album, but it has the best ending without doubt. IMO anyway. It's a cool way to see out the album.