Best Alice Cooper Album? What do we Think?

prince_of_darkness54321

Master of the Earth
Oct 20, 2002
royston, herts, england
Visit site
i am a massive alice cooper fan, everything from killer to brutal planet,, my peronal favorites are love it to death, trash and the lsat temptation, what does everypne elsw think?

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Alice cooper man yea!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

p.s. is anyone seeing him for the recent dragontown tour?

TOP FIVE COOPER<CAN'T PICK A CURRENT FAVE>:
BRUTAL PLANET, BILLION DOLLAR BABIES(THE RHINO REISSUE IS FATASTIC), DRAGON TOWN(JUST PICKED UP THE 2-DISC VERSION), RAISE YOUR FIST & YELL(DON'T ASK MY WHY) & WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE.
ANYONE HAVE THE BRUTAL PLANET DVD OR THE ALICE COOPER STORY? FUCKIN' KILLER STUFF, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. DVD #2 ON COOPER STORY IS A PAIN IN THE ASS THOUGH.:hotjump:

You must distinguish between ALICE COOPER the band (up to & inc. Muscle Of Love) and Alice Cooper the solo artist (W.T.M. Nightmare onwards).

Best band album is Love It To Death. Best solo album is
Hey Stoopid ...I reckon.

im not much of a copper fan but i did see him in 91 (trash tour)
and i tell you what that mother fucker knows how to put on a show.I will never forget the show as long as i live.His stage show as amazing and blew me away the master of illusions.I think him david blaine and criss angel should go on tour.

Motley Crue ARE an influencial and cool band! :mad: Just look to the avatar! :D

My top 5:
1. Trash
2. Hey Stoopid
3. Raise Your Fist & Yell
4. Billion Dollar Babies
5. Welcome To My Nightmare

And honourable mentions to From The Inside, Killer and Love It To Death.

Also, I haven't heard all of Constrictor yet, but from the little I've heard I'd say that would go up in the Trash/Stoopid/Fist group as that whole '86-'91 era of Alice seems to be my favourite for sure.

And how awesome is the Alice Trashes The World video? :headbang: :headbang:

Originally posted by The Trooper
Motley Crue ARE an influencial and cool band! :mad: Just look to the avatar! :D

My top 5:
1. Trash
2. Hey Stoopid
3. Raise Your Fist & Yell
4. Billion Dollar Babies
5. Welcome To My Nightmare

And honourable mentions to From The Inside, Killer and Love It To Death.

Also, I haven't heard all of Constrictor yet, but from the little I've heard I'd say that would go up in the Trash/Stoopid/Fist group as that whole '86-'91 era of Alice seems to be my favourite for sure.

And how awesome is the Alice Trashes The World video? :headbang: :headbang:
ALICE TRASHES THE WORLD IS OKAY, BUT THE BRUTAL PLANET LIVE IS SO MUCH BETTER. THERE'S TOO MUCH FILLER ON TRASHES...
I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF TRASH OR HEY STOOPID-THEY ARE AN ERA WHERE ALICE BECAME A FOLLOWER & NOT A LEADER. JUST MY OPINION.

Originally posted by TheGraveDigger
My favorite Alice Cooper album is "Special Forces", such an underated classic. "Trash", "Brutal Planet", and "Dragontown" are all great too.

i ahve neva thought that much of special forces but today i ahve listened to just the first 2 tracks and id say the album is good just fromt hem, i have neva noticed how good they were b4

so, special forces, deviatley a good and amazingly underated album, i think other underated albums are:

1/flush the Fasion
2/Zipper catched skin
3/From the inside

I don't really like Special Forces at all.

Sixxswine: I don't like Brutally Live anywhere near as much. There is far less energy in the performance by himself and the band (and I don't like his band's image in it), and as I don't like A Brutal Planet too much I don't like all the songs from that album in the set....

I think Alice Trashes The World is fantastic, the setlist is perfect as I love Trash so I love all those songs on it, and I think all the '70s songs sound even way better than their originals because of the killer guitar work by Al Pitrelli.

I guess you can just say I'm more of a fan of the "hard rock" Alice than the "classic rock" Alice.

well i am a harc core alice cooper fan, i like almost all the albums and alomst al the songs even thought he has done loads of different styles, but one thing is sure and connot be disputed, he puts on a fucking good concert! ive seen him once and i am seeing him again in london on the 16 of november and i can wait, i will be right near the front, HIS SHOWS FUCKING ROCK! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Originally posted by TheGraveDigger
One thing I did not know until my friend made me a copy of the Nightmare Returns video is that Kip Winger played bass for Alice.
another note Eric Singer played drums on that tour too, if I recall correctly... At the time the gimmicky "Rambo" guitar that Kane Roberts was very cool.
Remember that?

I think Eric played on the tour after that probably, the Raise Your Fist Tour, as he was in Sabbath in '86-87 and I'm 99% sure he was in Sabbath before Alice Cooper.

I have to go with 'DADA'. Listening to this album as a teenager at night was like listening to the score of a creepy horror movie. Great album cover too. An underrated masterpiece. I can't believe Alice doesn't remember recording or touring for this album. I wish he'd play a song or 2 off it live sometime. 'From the Inside' would be a second favorite. Alice is a true original.