Best amp/pedal for practicing & recording

shal

New Metal Member
Apr 12, 2007
Netherlands
www.myspace.com
Hi guys and gals. I am having trouble finding a good setup to practice my metal riffs at a low volume. my marshall 2x12 amp has way too much thump, and my little roland microcube has NO thump. i use the killer Z (metal zone) setting on the PODXT with both, and it sounds ok. i wonder if the digitech deathmetal pedal would be better. let me know if you guys have any ideas for a solution to my problems. thanks

Well, the best setup for practice may not be the best setup for recording.

Perhaps a tube recording preamp of some sort, a SansAmp or something similar might be what you're looking for. Best to go to your local music store and try some things out.

Hey. yeah i tried out a smaller Sansamp at the local store. it sounded kinda rough around the edges to be honest. but i've haven't tried out their preamps. i heard they were excellent. what would i just that with my amp on a clean channel or? when i use the pod that way, i have to use "no" amp or cab otherwise it sounds like a mess. I would have got a tube amp but from what i can tell they are extremely loud, and only sound good when cranked. i just want a high gain sound that isn't ear piercing. i'm pretty limited to what i can try out in the stores here. ost of the amps i've tried seem to give you one or the other- crunch or smooth high end. not both at the same time. maybe the sound i'm searching for doesnt't exist.

Ibanez Valbee, I have one, it's got a huge sound. You'll laugh when you see it, but wait till you hear it.