Stomp Volume Pedal - are there any?

digitaldeath

Dec 7, 2008
Waterford, Ireland
Hey guys,
I'm just wondering if there are any stomp volume pedals?
I don't like the rocker motion, and would rather have a stomp box pre-set with the volume I need, without messing with the amp's channels. I also don't wanna mess with the volume pot on a guitar (I don't want a volume swell).
For example, I have my amp on its distorted channel and I want to start a song with a reduced volume with just one guitar. Then when the whole band kicks in, a simple stomp and my volume goes up to the regular volume I've set on the amp, essentially bypassing the pedal.

Perhaps this sudden increase in volume could be damaging to a tube amp, but if a regular volume pedal works okay, I don't see why a stomp version can't (even if the pedal has to stay on so that it handle the sudden volume spikes before sending them on to the amp).
I know I could just roll back the expression pedal on a regular volume pedal and kick it full when everyone kicks in, but what if I want to easily return to the same reduced level I used at the start of the song? It becomes a pain!
Anyone got any ideas?

Niall.

build it yourself...I did.
I'll sell you mine for 10+shipping ;)
quality metal housing, quality pot, 9v bat and walwart input for the red LED (if you need the LD...the cutter will also work with out it of course)