Best Borknagar Cover...

Yep, I was intrigued with the "Borknagar" cover even when I wasn't really into the music yet. I love the whole "Quintessence" artwork, too. Probably my favourite...nifty digipack, nice reds... Was it also done by Asgeir?

Originally posted by Thorgrimm
the truth is that i hadn't known Borknagar before i bought they debut. i did it just because i loved that cover :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: so do i!!! this cover is very norwegian;)

For me every album has its needed artwok, just imagine "Empiricism" with the cover of ther first, thay would have fit very badly, don't you think? every album need its very own design. Music and Lyrics in a symbiosis, that's the ultimate cover

mr V

Originally posted by Vintersorg
For me every album has its needed artwok, just imagine "Empiricism" with the cover of ther first, thay would have fit very badly, don't you think? every album need its very own design. Music and Lyrics in a symbiosis, that's the ultimate cover

mr V

I totally agree! A bad cover might not influence the music, but it might ruin the experience a bit. I, for one, enjoy great artwork very much. I look at it, savour it, use it as Windows background ;)...

"Quintessence" and "Empiricism" are in the same vein. Different colours and images, of course, but in the same style. I like that. This way you can make out an overall structure. I wonder if Borkie will stick to this line.

I love The first and the recent cover...but everytime, the cover have been right to the music, the first cover would look like shit on recent album and vice versa...

I thought that Asgeirs work on the newest one was great, only that some of the lyrics were hard to distinguish from the background.....I really like the simple but effective layout of Olden Domain as well...

I think a CD's cover art is the second most important thing to the music. A cover creates an atmosphere for a CD, and everytime I listen to a CD the atmosphere is similar to that of the cover for the most part. To answer the question I think that the self titled has the best, and most fitting cover art.