Best cables?

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
So I'm looking at buying some fairly high quality cables to use for a monitor run, as well as to outboard gear from my DAW. What are some good brands you guys can suggest me that won't break the bank?

So far my cable connection consists of ProEl Die Hard Gold Series and Canare cable with Neutrik connectors.

I'd ideally like an international online retailer to order from as the availability and prices here are silly.

Cheers.

Haha :lol: from my experience cables have rarely ever made any difference at all as long as you are over a certain price range. Ive brought some bad speaker cable before, but even my cheapest guitar cable and my most expensive sound absolutely identical. Reliability is the only thing that changes from cable to cable as far as I am concerned.

Joe

Well Monster is a bunch of cocksuckers in terms of corporate bullying and their cables are HIDEOUSLY overprices, so that's two big reasons to avoid 'em :)

As for the difference between Canare and Mogami, Ermin, I wouldn't worry - I went for Canare for my instrument cables cuz...I dunno, I just always associate Mogami with making awesome balanced cables, so I thought Canare might be better for instrument. I honestly doubt there's ANY difference, but it's a nice little pattern I've fallen into, and I'll be DAMNED if I change it :lol: And of course, Neutrik for the win, without a doubt

And I (along with most other NA folks on here) buy all my schtuff from Redco.com, though I don't know if they ship internationally...

Mogami or Canare is as good as anyone ever really needs. If using Mogami or Canare cable is your weakest link then you're doing pretty well.

Mogami is the easiest to work with. Canare Quad is a bitch, especially when making TRS connections.

I like Redco, Neutrik, and Switchcraft connectors, but stay away from any of the Neutrik connectors other than the standard ones.

Everyone at Redco is great. +1

I like Redco, Neutrik, and Switchcraft connectors, but stay away from any of the Neutrik connectors other than the standard ones.

Hmm, which connectors are you referring to dude, and how come? I just soldered some Neutrik TRS plugs that were a nightmare cuz the tip and ring terminals were right on top of each other (no staggering), but they're still really solid and well-made

Hmm, which connectors are you referring to dude, and how come? I just soldered some Neutrik TRS plugs that were a nightmare cuz the tip and ring terminals were right on top of each other (no staggering), but they're still really solid and well-made

GOOD:
nys202.jpg
hp3c.jpg

SHIT:
np3x.jpg
np3c.jpg

Why: They're more expensive, the design is not an improvement, and they certainly don't sound any better.

Thank you for all the suggestions! If only the exchange rate was better, Redco would be an option. It looks like I'll have to source it all locally.

Also, any difference at all between Neutrik Silver and Gold connectors?

Well I went for gold cuz all the product literature I've read from various cable companies says it's less prone to corrosion - honestly, the difference is like 30 cents, why the hell not? ;)