Suggestions Needed For Making My Own Cables

darkbeast

Official Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
Hey guys, so I'm finally on the verge of making my own cables so that I can use them come summer. I am running into some issues when it comes to choosing what raw cable to start off with, though. I don't know anything about electricity. The only thing I know on the topic of making cables is, well, making the cables, not the techy, sciency part.
Within my budget I found that I can get 75 feet of Mogami WG253400656, 50 ft Canare, 50 ft of Sweetwater's Proco, and 250ft of CBI 22 gauge.
My basic questions then are: which of these grants the best bang for the buck, which one has the best insulation, last longest, generally best sounding; you know, the normal stuff. For the moment, the largest amount of cables that I need is 16 (which means I should also have some spares, I suppose).
I am planning on getting Neutrik connectors anyway, so that doesn't need to enter the discussion XD

In case anyone is wondering, yes, I did do a search on the topic, but most of the debates have been between Monster and Mogami (almost completely casting away Planet Waves).

P.S. Also, if anyone has an idea of the best raw cable for TRS cables when I get my patchbay set up, toward the end of summer, that would also be appreciated :D
Thanks guys.