What guitar cables are yu guys using?

rispsira

Mar 18, 2010
Been researching a bit and it seems everyone here hates the monster cables and all my cables are monster haha.

So i was wondering if i should shell the money and buy a evidence audio (either lyricHG or Forte) cable or the mogami platinum..

Also as i understand speaker cable wont affe ct the sound much so im thinking of buying the 25ft planet waves since its the longer i could find which is useful when the cab is not in the same room

PS: im not going into DIY cables yet because when i have the cash the bassist and i are getting into that at once to rewire all our racks..

Would really appreciate your feedback :worship:

I just use Planet Waves because they are easy to find, decently priced and have the best warranty ever. The whole boutique cable thing is way too far past the point of diminishing returns to be of any interest to me to be honest.

SO it seems you German dudes like the sommer!! hadnt heard of it it before thanks for the thumbs up!

Kev when i wrote this thread i was wondering if you would chime in with your elixir cable :) :) because when i was researching i found you on a lot of threads posting about it and you also mentionned you had a shooutout but i couldnt find it! So i guess your still liking it to this day :)

Thanks a lot for all the suggestion guys!

Its just that i feel i have quite a lot of nice toys so i am starting to look at the final things in my chain which are cables.. Esp[ecially after reading about all the monster hate here which at first i thought was just about them being overpriced but then a lot of you dont like the sound of them.. Next is tubes (my 5150 block letter - and i say block letter just to emphasize how old - was bought from a guy who took real care of it but never changed the tubes so imagine how old they are to this day.. my rackto is in the same boat :s :( )

Anyway sorry for derailing and thank you all for the suggestions!!! gonna look into it

Thanks again :)

I just use Sweetwater brand cables, manufactured by Pro Co. I have no desire to bother with anything more expensive than those...