Best Concert You've Seen (Before1995)?

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Hey y'all, I specifically said 'before 1995' because 1) this is supposed to be an old-school forum, 2) there's been a ton of quality shows lately (but we don't need to hear about those), and 3) I've noticed a bunch of older people at this forum, so there should be some cool concert history here...

My personal favorite show ever was:
Metallica/Queensryche - spring 1990 (I think) during the And Justice For All tour. Queensryche was in support of MindCrime at that time as well. 3+ hours of PURE metal bliss!

There were a couple of great gigs that I attended.......one was a legendary appearance of Morgana Lefay in 1994, another was Metal Church/Vicious Rumors also in 1994.

the Bon Jovi one is 1987...big memories as I lied to my oldies and snuck out of the house for this one and traveled over an hr from home on the train with my best friend we had never traveled more than 10 min train ride from home b4 this.

My first concert ever (at the age of 14) was Aerosmith/Deep Purple/Guns N' Roses at Giants Stadium, the summer of 1987, which of course was the year 'Appetite For Destruction' was blowing up all over the place. They filmed the 1st half of the "Paradise City" video at this concert (the 2nd half would go on to be filmed at Castle Donnington: Monsters Of Rock Festival later that year). Just a little bit o' metal history for ya all.

Originally posted by markgugs
My first concert ever (at the age of 14) was Aerosmith/Deep Purple/Guns N' Roses at Giants Stadium, the summer of 1987, which of course was the year 'Appetite For Destruction' was blowing up all over the place. They filmed the 1st half of the "Paradise City" video at this concert (the 2nd half would go on to be filmed at Castle Donnington: Monsters Of Rock Festival later that year). Just a little bit o' metal history for ya all.

Hello Mark ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that tour might have been 1998. I remember for two reasons: (1) I was in NY in 88 when GnR were touring with Aerosmith and somehow ended up seeing Public Enemy instead :lol: and (2) GnR played Donnington in '88 when Maiden were headlining with their 7th tour of a 7th tour concert and three people died in the crush when the big screen fell down and splatted a few mullets.

Best gig pre '95: Metallica - And Justice for All, and Judas Priest/Annihilator - both at Hammersmith Odeon, London.

US Festival '83
Judas Priest Defenders of the Faith tour
Exodus 84-90 more times than I can count
Slayer Reign in Blood tour
Vio-Lence before they were signed

Too many to remember