Best Concert You've Seen (Before1995)?

god i envy you all people who were at ages like 9 or 11 at gigs - my parents would have killed me instantyl if i wanted to go at this age...

Originally posted by markgugs

Fuck me! So I guess you grew up in the Bay Area, eh?

Yeah, that's about one of the only things that was ever good about living here... Some good shows... seeing Sadus and Forbidden play parties! :devil:

That and seeing all the "local" bands (Vio-lence, Exodus, Forbidden, Death Angel, DRI, Sadus, Possessed, etc...) more times than you can remember...

I love the Bay Area man! I'm a huge Oakland Raiders fan, and have visited San Francisco a couple times (most recently last April). I always have fun there.

In fact, I'll be there for nearly 1 week in late January 2003...

Some of the best:

-Iron Maiden/Twisted Sister '84
-Iron Maiden/Anthrax '91
-Any number of AC/DC shows, although my personal favorite was the Blow Up Your Video tour in '88 when I had front row seats :headbang:
-Motley Crue always used to put on a good show, too. If I had to pick one, I'd say the Girls, Girls, Girls tour around '87.

Forced Entry at the Ok, Hotel in Seattle Wa I did my first stage dive that night...landed on my head and haven't been the same since.
holyshit.gif

Exodus/Control/Megadeth - Bonded By Blood Record Release Party - The Kabuki S.F.1985

Metallica/Metal Chruch/Exodus/Megadeth - New Years Eve S.F. Civic Center '86

I too grew up in S.F. and the shows I saw in the 80's were incredible!

A cool couple of shows was Motorhead playing a pub tour I think in '82. I remember at Rydalmere on the Friday night, Lemmy put his bass through the ceiling at the end of the gig. I think that was the last gig played there for many years. I saw them again on the Saturday at Selinas and the support had to nearly be escrted off stage before they got killed. They were shit dance music. I saw them again on Monday at Caringbah with Lighning Rock. I had to drain my ears for a week after those three days. Only joking. What a week!!!!!!! (Sorry, nah, for those outside of Sydney who don't know these places)

Originally posted by Electric Savage
Exodus/Control/Megadeth - Bonded By Blood Record Release Party - The Kabuki S.F.1985

I too grew up in S.F. and the shows I saw in the 80's were incredible!

*woah* :eek:

Originally posted by Electric Savage

Wow - I thought the only time Megadeth and Metallica played on the same bill was in 1991 in Milton Keynes, UK - along with Diamond Head and The Almighty...?

Or at least that's what Dave Mustaine said to the crowd that day...(but I'm probably wrong then). Or more likely he had just shot up. :D

Originally posted by markgugs
I love the Bay Area man! I'm a huge Oakland Raiders fan, and have visited San Francisco a couple times (most recently last April). I always have fun there.

In fact, I'll be there for nearly 1 week in late January 2003...

Well, I hope you'll be able to catch some good shows...

http://www.poundsf.com

That's where most of the metal shows would happen... Too bad it wasn't a month earlier, Dark Angel (with Gene Hoglan, Jim Durkin and Ron Rienhardt) will be playing Dec 7... I can't miss that one....

http://www.cwsaloon.com

Has a lot of shows, but doesn't list a calander. :-\

First show I ever went to was Metallica back in '91...awesome show but the best show that I ever went to before '95 & after '95 was Pink Floyd. Uttlerly amazing!!!

King Diamond/Metal Church/Trouble - 1987 Abigail Tour. All of them rocked, and being a big Trouble fan, this gets my vote for best.

Couple of other good ones -
Motorhead/Mercyful Fate/Exciter - 1984
Slayer/Anthrax/Megadeth/AIC (Clash of the Titans) - 1990