Best Headbanger's Ball So far

GASOLINEDREAM

Time to Play
May 11, 2003
Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.
Visit site
It kicked off with the premiere of Safe Home . 2 Disturbed videos(they co-hosted) Pro-Pain, Shadows Fall, In Flames, Meshuggah, Accept doing Balls to the Wall, Lamb of God, AC/DC, Machine Head, etc. No Hate Eternal, no mudvayne--good!!

Just missing Overkill, Slayer, and Testament, and more ANthrax. Good overall, and IMO, the best show yet.

It was great... now I have to watch it when sober... I was surprised that there was no hype in mentioning Keanu's cameo... that's gonna be the selling point to get it on during the day. Imagine... TRL Anthrax. The windows blow out onto Broadway.

HOLY SHIT...HEADBANGER'S BALL IS BACK????

WHERE THE FUCK HAVE I BEEN???

Oh yeah...I'm in Italy...that's another thing I miss about the states....

GASOLINEDREAM said:
It kicked off with the premiere of Safe Home . 2 Disturbed videos(they co-hosted) Pro-Pain, Shadows Fall, In Flames, Meshuggah, Accept doing Balls to the Wall, Lamb of God, AC/DC, Machine Head, etc. No Hate Eternal, no mudvayne--good!!

Just missing Overkill, Slayer, and Testament, and more ANthrax. Good overall, and IMO, the best show yet.

They have played that Machine Head song on I think 4 of the shows so far. Same with Shadows Fall and Lamb of God. I don't mind the bands being on there, but maybe they could play a different video instead of the same one each week. Also, they had a Nuclear Assault video on this show, so that was good. I agree though, that this was the best so far.

Scott

Fucking shit.
The one time it doesn't get recorded.......... (because some people were watching something else)
Sonofabitch.

SCott308 said:
They have played that Machine Head song on I think 4 of the shows so far. Same with Shadows Fall and Lamb of God. I don't mind the bands being on there, but maybe they could play a different video instead of the same one each week. Also, they had a Nuclear Assault video on this show, so that was good. I agree though, that this was the best so far.

Scott

Maybe they can just play the same Anthrax video over and over.

I agree... as much as Extreme Rock, HB Ball, and Uranium has turned me on to Shadowsfall and Lamb of God, its the same f'n videos. I'm not big on Hate Eternal... they seem like very nice guys from their Uranium feature... but the drums are compressed triggered noise (still better than St. Canker) and the vocals are too cookie monster. Blech.

estigma2001 said:
hate eternal is metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew I'd piss somebody off with that comment. i just cannot get into them at all.

They do keep on playing all of the same Shadows Fall, MachineHead, and Lamb of God videos. I suppose it's like radio, though. They play the singles out right now a lot.

I do hope they "over-play" Safe Home.

Right after the ball was a metal hour on VH1 Classic. THey played the Trooper by Maiden, Motley Crue for all the 80's peopl--girls, girls, girls, Nuclear Assualt's Brainwashed, and a few other decent videos.

ThraxDude said:
Fucking shit.
The one time it doesn't get recorded.......... (because some people were watching something else)
Sonofabitch.

According to the MTV2 schedule it will be on again Friday at 2 am if anyone wants to tape it.

MrCam said:
According to the MTV2 schedule it will be on again Friday at 2 am if anyone wants to tape it.

Thanks for the info, I will record it.

One thing pisses me off, though. If you go to MTV.com and you do a search for Headbanger's Ball, it does not find anything. So, I went and I looked at Saturday's schedule and it was there, but there was no link to it. Everything else has a link for more info. MTV sucks cock!

:headbang: