Best music store in NYC?

digitaldeath

Dec 7, 2008
Waterford, Ireland
Hey guys, myself and a load of my Irish musician buddies are going to New York City for St. Patrick's week. I'm hoping to have at least one sober day in which I can go to a kickass music store and try out a load of gear.
I'm a drummer but can play the guitar too and of course am into production so if anyone can recommend some great stores to play with some gear, I'd really appreciate it - cheers!

Niall.

When i was there I went to SAM ASH music store, well, there are 3 or 4 stores. One for guitars/bass, another for drums, electronic and don't remembere what else.
160 W 48th St, New York

I bought a guitar, I went on september 2007, the dollar was weaker than today and everything was cheaper.

I'm sure Metalstatic and people from NY can give you more information.

Have a nice stay!:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Haha, I have arrived! Yeah, W 48th street (just north of Times Square) is where all the awesome stores are; mainly Sam Ash, Manny's, and the almighty Rudy's Music Stop. Rudy's has their storefront (tiny) on 48th street, but around the corner on 7th Ave. there's a very unassuming door sandwiched between a restaurant and some tourist electronics store that's the entrance to an apartment building above, and one of the floors is the Rudy's amp room - you're talking the end of your pilgrimage there dude! Also, there's Guitar Center on 14th street, which has a great selection (if you can deal with it being GC :loco: ) Check it out:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/416464-rudys-music-stop-amp-room-holy-god.html

Hahaha, there are actually people who play drums? WILD!! :lol: But the upstairs of Manny's is drum stuff, and Sam Ash has a separate store-front on the same street for it, so you'd be set there! (don't think Rudy's has any drum stuff, though maybe they have yet another separate room for it)