Best of collection

BlindPanzer

Iced Guardian was taken:)
Mar 27, 2004
Miami
Century Media is releasing a 2CD best of collection from ICED EARTH called The Blessed And The Damned on July 27th.

The album features 23 remastered tracks (over two hours of material) with two different album covers. IE leader Jon Schaffer talks about each song in the 20 page booklet that's included in the package.

Fuck that. Century Media is just trying to cash in since they lost IE to SPV. I'm sick of Best Of and Tribute albums. Leave the best of shit when a band is about done.
As for tributes. I've already seen Tributes to Linkin Park and Evanesce. $$$$$$

If anyone knows the tracklisting, please post, the albums I have are Glorious Burden, Horror Show, Something Wicked, and Tribute To The Gods. If this release just includes these albums, forget about it, remastering them wouldn't do much good, they already sound good as fuck.

I dont see why they dont call it Days of Purgatory 2.

You know 90 percent of the songs already. They'll prolly throw in Dracula, Melancholy, Watching, Vengeance and maybe one or two others.

And I doubt anything from Burden will be on there since that album is on a different label.

I agree. What a waste. Fuck this shit.

Do IE really deserve a Best-Of anyway? If so, do they deserve it yet?

So lets see. Remastered tracks and two album covers.

So the first three albums were already remastered for Dark Genesis. the majority of the stuff was remastered as well for Days Of Purgatory. And they will be remastered once again. Fuck pick a version and stick with it!

Two album covers = more money for Jon

I already have a best of collection its called I own all their old albums.

Good enough for me.

If I want to listen to a greatest hits album of the Century Media Iced Earth. Alive in Athens is fine by me and it does not have that Horror Show crap on there.

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
If anyone knows the tracklisting, please post, the albums I have are Glorious Burden, Horror Show, Something Wicked, and Tribute To The Gods. If this release just includes these albums, forget about it, remastering them wouldn't do much good, they already sound good as fuck.
Trust me, just buy the other albums remastered...especially Night of the Stormrider!

ICED EARTH 'Best of' CD Tracklisting Revealed
Century Media is releasing a 2CD best of collection from ICED EARTH called The Blessed And The Damned on July 27th.

The album features 23 remastered tracks (over two hours of material) with two different album covers. IE leader Jon Schaffer talks about each song in the 20 page booklet that's included in the package.

The tracklisting (including the album the tracks come from):

Book One
1. Burning Times (Something Wicked This Way Comes)
2. Wolf (Horror Show)
3. The Hunter (Alive In Athens / Dark Saga)
4. Curse The Sky (Iced Earth)
5. Melancholy (Something Wicked This Way Comes)
6. Stormrider (Night Of The Stormrider)
7. Burnt Offerings (Burnt Offerings)
8. Travel In Stygian (Alive In Athens / Night Of The Stormrider)
9. Dark Saga (Dark Saga)
10. Written On The Walls (Iced Earth)
11. Damien (Horror Show)

Book Two
1. Angels Holocaust (Days Of Purgatory / Night Of The Stormrider)
2. Desert Rain (Days Of Purgatory / Night Of The Stormrider)
3. Last December (Burnt Offerings)
4. Watching Over Me (Something Wicked This Way Comes)
5. Pure Evil (Alive In Athens / Night Of The Stormrider)
6. The Path I Choose (Night Of The Stormrider)
7. I Died For You (Dark Saga)
8. Disciples Of The Lie (Something Wicked This Way Comes)
9. When The Night Falls (Days Of Purgatory / Iced Earth)
10. Jack (Horror Show)
11. Iced Earth (Iced Earth)
12. Violate (Alive In Athens / Dark Saga)