Century Media's 'Best Of' Iced Earth

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I just recently bought the double CD 'best of' compilation' THE BLESSED AND THE DAMNED, and though it has some really great stuff and is perhaps a great starting point for potential Iced Earth fans, there were still songs that were my personal favourites that were omitted.

It's pretty obvious that "Dante's Inferno" can't be on any 'best of' CD because of length, but it truly is one of the best metal songs ever composed. And how did "A Question Of Heaven" manage to not be put on the CD??? That's the biggest question mark. Most of NIGHT OF THE STORMRIDER is on the CD, which made me happy being that it's a masterful metal CD, but some good stuff is still out. "The Coming Curse???" C'MON!!!

Anyways...it's a very good compilation, but it proves that Iced Earth still have a wealth of songs and are probably not a 'best of' kind of band. It was Century Media's last chance at cashing in on Iced Earth, and at that I don't blame them...

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
Heh heh...

And who knows if this is the first of MANY Century Media compilations?

But I'm assuming this is the last Iced Earth CD to be released by them...
This is the last thing that was left on their contract with CM. I agree with you, this is an excellent start for anyone interested in listening to the band.
I like how they kept the price reasonable, I waited to pick it up since I've got the records, but I did finally add it to the collection two weeks ago.