Does Everyone here hate Iced Earth?!?!?!

IcEd_AnGeL

Break me...Hurt me...
Jul 12, 2004
What is this?! I registered onto this forum, hoping, and frankly expecting, a little bit of enthusiasm for a great and talented band........instead I find a bunch of stuck up babies who think that St. anger has more talent than Iced Earth............are there any ACTUAL fans of Iced Earth on here, or is this an "I hate Iced Earth, so I'm gonna let everyone know" forum, cuz if so, I think it was a mistake coming here.........................

IcEd_AnGeL said:
What is this?! I registered onto this forum, hoping, and frankly expecting, a little bit of enthusiasm for a great and talented band........instead I find a bunch of stuck up babies who think that St. anger has more talent than Iced Earth............are there any ACTUAL fans of Iced Earth on here, or is this an "I hate Iced Earth, so I'm gonna let everyone know" forum, cuz if so, I think it was a mistake coming here.........................

:err: fucking hell your one whinny bastard ......first of all , no one hear thinks that St.Anger is better than Iced Earth. And Second , we all enjoy iced earth and the music created by jon ....but we also like to critisize and form opinions on this particular band based on whta we've heard and seen....so if that bothers you so much , fuck off!!! cause nobody here wants you on this forum complaining about us. :D

by all means iC3D AnG3L don't hold back and tell us what you think....

Why dont you try introducing yourself and adding to a conversation instead of jumping in the shark tank face first?

Without introducing myself: I love Iced Earth. I love each of their albums, even Horror Show. I can't say why.

I really enjoy Iced Earth, but I have to say that I'm quite disappointed with The Not-So-Glorious Burden. I think that the quality of the songs has been on the decline beginning with Something Wicked, particularly the lyrics although there are quite a few gems on each album, but that number is getting fewer and fewer with each subsequent album.

I'm a fan of Iced Earth, but I'm not a fan boy so I will say when I'm not happy with something, that doesn't make me a hater just someone who is up for discussion and the exchange of ideas through intelligent debate (which rarely occurs on an internet message board, but that's a different thread all together) and if you have a problem with everybody not swinging from Jon Schaffer's nuts, I would suggest that you look for a message board filled with fanboys.

Oh, and welcome to the board.

I have read quite a few topics that were posted on this board before I even said anything, and the majority of what I read was: " Iced Earth is starting to turn to shit.....Fuck Iced Earth.....They say 'Fuck Trends....Fuck Posers' Even though they've turned into just that.....etc.....etc....etc...." I have only seen maybe....4...positive posts on here....

---Why dont you try introducing yourself and adding to a conversation instead of jumping in the shark tank face first?---

Hi, I'm Sara.....I LIKE Iced Earth..............How was your day?
How's that. I DID want to join in on a conversation, but they all seemed to be negative towards Iced Earth....I dunno, maybe it's just my deluded vision...........by the way, did anyone get to go to the concert in Vancouver or anywhere else? How's that for a conversation starter?

Well perhaps it says something then eh? A lot of the die hard Iced Earth fans who have followed the band for years like myself and many others here, think the latest offerings are sub standard for Iced Earth. The writing has been going downhill. MANY of the riffs sound very similar anymore. The leads are fucking gone. Many people feel that Jon is ruining the band. He really does need to let other people contribute or they will turn into complete shit really. I really do hope they can release something to make my jaw drop with the Wicked album coming up next, but honestly, the Glorious Burden is boring. I havent yet listened to the whole album. I cant tolerate it.

I understand that completely. Jon didn't really make that well of an effort on the last album, but I thought the Gettysburg trilogy was kickass. Most of the writing was done by that tool Owens ans Jon, and there's only one song on the album written by Barlow (Atilla), and I like it. I just wish Barlow was still with the band. When I went to see the Glorious Burden tour in Van, it just wasn't the same.............

I like Matt a hell of a lot better too!

Personally I find the Gettysburg Trilogy kinda boring. Nothing really stands out to me with it. Besides. If I want to hear a long story, I'll just listen to the master of em and thats King Diamond

On a side note... Bodom and Hammerfall rock!

I wish Matt was still around........Tim may be a good vocalist, but he just isn't right for Iced Earth......

Did you post on the old Iced Earth board, where no criticism of Jon or IE was allowed? Cause it seems like you're used to that kind of environment.

No, I'm not too fond of Iced Earth's recent stuff. But I post here anyway cause the first three albums are genius and the others have a lot of hidden gems.

Pyrus said:
Did you post on the old Iced Earth board, where no criticism of Jon or IE was allowed? Cause it seems like you're used to that kind of environment.

No, I'm not too fond of Iced Earth's recent stuff. But I post here anyway cause the first three albums are genius and the others have a lot of hidden gems.

Yup.. I remember the old forum... it was pretty funny. I post for the same reason as you. The first 3 are genious and I really like HS... but SW and TGB bores me. I don't really hate Iced Earth, they just really disappointed me with their last album and I lost most of my faith in them to write amazing songs.