So this is Iced Earth huh..

MagSec4

.:..::.: :.::..:.
Jan 14, 2003
Bogotá & New york
www.ultimatemetal.com
Hey,

I'm from the Children of Bodom forum. Needless to say I've been looking forward to seeing them again in this upcoming tour with Iced Earth.
I actually had not heard Iced Earth before, and today I decided to give them a whirl since, after all, they'll be the headliners in this tour.
I didn't even know what type of music they played.

So I heard a couple of albums ...and I'll be damned. I must say this is a most excellent band. I really liked what I heard.
I come here to announce this and to hereby open it up for any slaps or ass kicking that I deserve for not knowing of this great band earlier, especially since it's definitely my cup o' tea.

Go on.. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear ya get into Iced Earth Mag Sec. Iced Earth is what got me into this kind of music. You as a spawn fan would love The Dark Saga, its all about Spawn. Also Something Wicked this Way Comes is my favorite album so try that one out if you have not already.

its all good. Horror Show > Dark Saga > Something Wicked though. I don't know why everyone loves SW and dislikes HS so much. On SW it was like, "fairly generic songwriting for the 1st 9 songs, and save the hard work for the last 3" while HS had great songwriting all round, as well as the most diverse, creative, and best riffing. TGB suffers from SW sindrome as well. TGB and SW are my least favorite IE albums, although they are still good.

Iced In Flames said:
Why doesnt anyone besides me like Dark Saga and Something Wicked?

I like Dark Saga a lot. It took me quite a long time to get into it (same with Burnt Offerings), but now I love these two albums very much.
But I never really got into Something Wicked. That's the one I like the least of all Iced Earth albums. Apart from the Something Wicked trilogy, which I like a lot, the songs are all boring and sound like weak copies of the Dark Saga tracks IMHO.
I like Horror Show much better (maybe as much as Dark Saga).

I love The Dark Saga. I have all the Spawns published in Finland so that's a good enough reason for me to love it. :) (even if I bought them after hearing The Dark Saga)
Great story and very nice music too, the most balanced Iced Earth...very much like In Flames' Clayman. Not their best album, but the one with the most good songs. If you don't count Burnt Offerings.

TheFourthHorseman said:
I love The Dark Saga. I have all the Spawns published in Finland so that's a good enough reason for me to love it. :) (even if I bought them after hearing The Dark Saga)
Great story and very nice music too, the most balanced Iced Earth...very much like In Flames' Clayman. Not their best album, but the one with the most good songs. If you don't count Burnt Offerings.

Same here :) I began buying the Spawn trade paperbacks after I got Dark Saga, and only then I understood what the lyrics were all about. Great concept, and a great experience alltogether.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
Barlow rules you fish fucking pussy. Anyhow. Get alive in athens! 22 songs of Greatness \m/
Dude, get the 3-disc version...it's 31 songs of greatness!! Actually, it's 32 for me since I reburned my disc 3 with a version of Colors from that concert that was left off the album for some reason...it appears on the Melancholy EP (second release)...awesome version!

Oh, and SWTWC and Dark Saga fuckin rock \m/

Iced Dog said:
Dude, get the 3-disc version...it's 31 songs of greatness!! Actually, it's 32 for me since I reburned my disc 3 with a version of Colors from that concert that was left off the album for some reason...it appears on the Melancholy EP (second release)...awesome version!

Oh, and SWTWC and Dark Saga fuckin rock \m/

Is the extra songs really worth the dinero though? I got so many other cd's I have to buy!

P.S Glorius Burden fucking rules!