The Ripper/Iced Earth

Well I guess I'll start a thread on whether or not people think Tim Owens fits with Iced Earth or not......I think it was a pretty bad decision to choose Tim as the vocalist.....Even though I think he is an amazing vocalist (Hell I think he was better in Priest than Halford)....(People are going to kick me for that comment) he certainly does not fit Iced Earth....In my opinion. Matthew Barlow was an amazing vocalist and hell I think John Greely was fine as well....but Tim "The Ripper" Owens... Nope. Iced Earth in my opinion was pretty "Original" and now they just sound like another Primal Fear or Tad Marose(Even though I love them two bands). After I bought Horror Show I knew Iced Earth was going to be a great downfall....I really only liked one song off of that album and that was the ballad "Ghost of Freedom". Where are all the old songwriting ideas like "When the Night Falls" or "The Path I Choose". I don't know.......Jon Schaffer just takes over the band and I have no respect for him at all. I know I will still end up buying the new album because I've loved them for years. I dont know what the hell happened to Iced Earth but it sure wasnt good. :erk:
Hail! \m/

What? You mean there aren't other threads about this? Whoa! :D

Just kidding.

I think they'll be okay with Tim. It's a little reminiscent of John Greely, but better.

Ben