Does anyone know any other voaclist that was considered to fill Matt barlows place.

Oct 22, 2003
vancouver, canada
Visit site
Was there anyother singers considered or was Tim "The Ripper" Owens his first choice. I think Tim Aymar from Pyscho Scream and Control denied would have been and awesome replacement. Aymar has more Depth to his voice and would have been killer to hear him sing old Iced earth songs.

I could have replaced that donkey Barlow. He wasn't that great. I can do almost all he can(screeching like my balls are being grated off doesn't count), rap, croon, and death growl.

Ripper might not be a good choice, but I did like his voice on the verses to The Reckoning. He was better off in Priest.

Hmm.....that's interesting......I think there's only one thing I can type in response to that:

<TestMyCal> ....................../´¯/)
<TestMyCal> ....................,/¯../
<TestMyCal> .................../..../
<TestMyCal> ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
<TestMyCal> ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
<TestMyCal> ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
<TestMyCal> .........\.................'...../
<TestMyCal> ..........''...\.......... _.·´
<TestMyCal> ............\..............(
<TestMyCal> ..............\.............\....

anonymousnick2001 said:
I could have replaced that donkey Barlow. He wasn't that great. I can do almost all he can(screeching like my balls are being grated off doesn't count), rap, croon, and death growl.

Ripper might not be a good choice, but I did like his voice on the verses to The Reckoning. He was better off in Priest.

So he was the one doing all the high pitches wails?

Like on the alive in athens Travel in Stygian that high pitches wail close to the end is him?

I always thought it was Schaffer.

Pyrus said:
It was definitely Matt. Jon doesn't have anywhere near that kind of range.

I'm always incredibly amused by "I don't like the way this guy/band sings/plays, so let's kill them!" Reality called, dudes. They're wondering where you went.

Well Ill be damned, thats good to know information.

Pyrus said:
It was definitely Matt. Jon doesn't have anywhere near that kind of range.

I'm always incredibly amused by "I don't like the way this guy/band sings/plays, so let's kill them!" Reality called, dudes. They're wondering where you went.
When a guy helps to ruin one of your favorite bands you want revenge.

"Rather small penis if you ask me."

Yeah, that also. Not my penis though, so no worries. ;) *places $10 in asphyXy's trousers*

the polish bastard said:
Was there anyother singers considered or was Tim "The Ripper" Owens his first choice. I think Tim Aymar from Pyscho Scream and Control denied would have been and awesome replacement. Aymar has more Depth to his voice and would have been killer to hear him sing old Iced earth songs.
I really love Tim Owens...he's one of my favorite singers, and I couldn't be happier with his inclusion in Iced Earth.

However, I agree with you! Had Owens not been chosen, Aymar would have also been an excellent choice. Check out his work with Pharaoh...it's awesome.