Iced Earth vocals

osiru$

New Metal Member
Apr 15, 2006
So, who`s your favorite Iced Earth singer? Matt is greatest, but i really like songs that Gene Adam sang. I`m talking about songs from first album. I dunno... maybe `cause it sounds more original. Greely was ok, maybe better that Adam, but i cannot feel his emotions while listening. Ripper got really great and high voice. One of my favorites, but... The Policeman Barlow owns :)

I agree that Matt Barlow is the best, though NIGHT OF THE STORMRIDER is Iced Earth's masterpiece. Matt hasn't even been in a metal band or made metal music since 9/11, yet I still consider him one of the best ever. He had power and range, but his emotional feel for the songs put him over the top. His vocal improvement after BURNT OFFERINGS is incredible. His performances in such songs as "A Question Of Heaven" on THE DARK SAGA album is proof of that. I lost my cousin almost a year ago. He was like a brother to me, and the SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES song "Watching Over Me" means even more to me now than it did when I bought the album. And, of course the underrated HORROR SHOW, his vocals nearly stole the show. He is one of the greats, in my opinion...

Finaly someone noticed this thread :)

Firts of all sorry `bout your friend OPR.

Barlow is truly magnificant. You can feel like his every emotion while he`s singing, and that same emotions exceed on you while listening. That`s something unique.

Not too many singers can do that...in ANY genre of music.

And thanks. It's been almost a year now. It's really weird, you know. Going through holidays, like yesterday with Easter, and not having him here eating with us and enjoying his humour. He was really a funny guy and a big personality. But life goes on, and you have to pick up the pieces. I have those Iced Earth songs to remember him, along with some of the music he liked. When I hear Suicidal Tendencies, I IMMEDIATELY think of him...

Yeah man... Schaffer`s lyrics are awsome and soooo emotionaly deep. It`s like he`s got song for every emotion you feel, for every mood you`re in.

Hell yeah! I almost feel disapointed when I realize that there`s not many bands who can "pump me up", like you say, like Iced Earth.

maybe I'm a little late, to post on this threda, but I just want to say I share your opinion on the amazing vocals of Matt Barlow... He is just even more perfect than words can describe...so...:headbang::OMG:

Not to mention the riffs and arrangements of Iced Earth music just pumps you up and makes you feel ten feet tall and want to conquer the world! How can you NOT listen to "Desert Rain" and not want to go out and rule the world?

You just cannot- that's why I do, hehe.

:kickass:

Btw, carve in 1 more for Barlow