Former Iced Earth Members Join Forces in Unearthed

Xalon Niles

Metal/Super Sentai Fan
Dec 22, 2001
Parts unknown.
hometown.aol.com
[font=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Former Iced Earth members Gene Adam (vocals), Dave Abell (bass), and Mark Prator (drums), along with Bill Owen (guitar) of the pre-Iced Earth band Purgatory, have formed a brand-new project tentatively dubbed Unearthed. The group have just completed a two-song demo containing the tracks "Fire In the Sky" and "Unearthed" and are preparing to begin shopping around for a record deal.

Commented Gene in a posting to the Iced Earth fan site Iced-Realm.de: "The band is called Unearthed because me, Dave and Bill have been away from this whole scene for so long. Well now we have resurfaced, like being unearthed. Also this name ties in with the concept of our songs."

Although Mark played drums on the group's demo, Unearthed will likely utilize a different drummer during the band's upcoming live appearances.

"Mark is a great drummer and has a great studio," explained Gene when asked how Prator came to be involved with the project. "We had been working on this stuff long enough and wanted to get it recorded, and this was the perfect situation. [Mark is a] great drummer and producer/engineer.

"If and when we do tour we would love to have Mark play. However, he is very busy with his RedRoom studios and his work at Morrisound. There are other drummers to pick from and ex [Iced Earth] band members are a possibility as well."

An official web site for Unearthed will be launched soon. More information as it becomes available.
Source: Blabbermouth
[/font]

Kinda symbolizes not being in Iced Earth as well. I smell a Dianno on this one. "I dont need Iron Miaden" Thats why all of his goddamn cds are all Maiden cds. I hope they dont pull the same bullshit.,

Iced In Flames said:
Kinda symbolizes not being in Iced Earth as well. I smell a Dianno on this one. "I dont need Iron Miaden" Thats why all of his goddamn cds are all Maiden cds. I hope they dont pull the same bullshit.,
Iced Earth didn't need Adams anyways.

But the name "Unearthed" I sense he's going to be pissing and moaning about how Jon kicked him out because he wouldn't take singing lessons so he'd be able to handle the newer vocal melodies.

AsModEe said:
This cannot be taken seriously by any intelligent mind.
Read it and weep, boy. I love crushing people's dreams.

In truth, I prefer Adams. He was so silly.

Owens > Greely > Schaffer > Adams >>>>>>>>>> Barlow

AsModEe said:
I think I'll just stop wasting my time with you. You're a desperate case.
What makes you say that? I choose not to bend over and take it up the ass from overzealous fanboys that are blinded from the fact that Matt Barlow is one of the most overrated vocalists in MUSIC history? Gene Adams was good for what he was. I like that about him. Barlow attempted to be an operatic metal singer, but sang like an oaf. He tried to growl, and came off as a silly-sounding Hetfield. He tried to scream falsetto, but did it in a wheezy manner that causes eardrum penetration and breaks up happy homes.

What do you want? You want the truth? You can't...well, you can probably handle the truth. You just happen to like his singing style. Fine. But as a vocalist of many years, hearing mountains of praise for Barlow and seeing actual tears upon his leaving IE was just too much. He's gone. Bye!

Owens is the new singer, and he is great. Let's focus on him. And the future. One without the vocal histronics of Barlow.

Okay, Barlow may be not the greatest vocalist on earth, I don't care. But, saying Gene Adams is better than him is just irrationnal. I'm not a fanboy or anything. I just want to stay as objective as possible and gene adams was really bad.. come on... just remember his screams on the song Iced Earth.. there should be a law against those..

And hey, I really like Owens in Iced Earth, too bad the new album sucks ( because of the music and the bad song-writting, not because barlow is not singing ) I also think you read my review about it.

Yeah, I think I did. You're entitled to your opinion. And it's true, Schaffer is really tiring out the riffs.

Iced Earth wasn't Gene's shining moment, but there are other tracks on the album where his voice is perfect.