Former Iced Earth Members Join Forces in Unearthed

I actually got the chance to ask Schaffer if he'd heard Unearthed yet. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: So, Jon, have you heard Unearthed yet?
Jon: No....Ohg, wait, YES I HAVE!"
Me: It sounds a lot like Iced Earth. Without your rhythm guitar.
Jon: Yeah, and without good songwriting. And good vocals."

anonymousnick2001 said:
What makes you say that? I choose not to bend over and take it up the ass from overzealous fanboys that are blinded from the fact that Matt Barlow is one of the most overrated vocalists in MUSIC history? Gene Adams was good for what he was. I like that about him. Barlow attempted to be an operatic metal singer, but sang like an oaf. He tried to growl, and came off as a silly-sounding Hetfield. He tried to scream falsetto, but did it in a wheezy manner that causes eardrum penetration and breaks up happy homes.

What do you want? You want the truth? You can't...well, you can probably handle the truth. You just happen to like his singing style. Fine. But as a vocalist of many years, hearing mountains of praise for Barlow and seeing actual tears upon his leaving IE was just too much. He's gone. Bye!

Owens is the new singer, and he is great. Let's focus on him. And the future. One without the vocal histronics of Barlow.
Most overrated in music history? No one knows who the fuck he is! How can he be so overrated when, while he was in Iced Earth no one gave a shit about the band? That jsut doesnt make any sense.

Wow you made a good point...

Overrated by the fans.

Overrated by critics.

Most overrated to my limited knowledge.

...that's what I meant.

plfffffft said:
I actually got the chance to ask Schaffer if he'd heard Unearthed yet. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: So, Jon, have you heard Unearthed yet?
Jon: No....Ohg, wait, YES I HAVE!"
Me: It sounds a lot like Iced Earth. Without your rhythm guitar.
Jon: Yeah, and without good songwriting. And good vocals."
Haha, Jon is sooo badass.

BTW, Barlow is better than Adams.

And hey, I really like Owens in Iced Earth, too bad the new album sucks ( because of the music and the bad song-writting, not because barlow is not singing ) I also think you read my review about it.

Wow, I can express my opinion with having to go to the trouble of actually typing it out first!! Lovely!! Oh, and I won't go on about how great Barlow was (It's been done before). Adams...ummm...I think he was... :worship: :worship: :puke: :puke: :puke: