Best of Led Zeppelin?

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
I'm looking to buy some Led Zep albums... which are the best? I'm a total newbie.

Its basically impossible to go wrong with any of their 6 first albums I, II, III, IV, Houses of the Holy, and Physical Grafitti. Personally I'd say start with the earliest ones though.

Get any of the first 6, all are exercises in musical perfection that has rarely, if ever, been duplicated.

Houses of the Holy is my personal favorite.

Just buy the complete studio recordings boxset on ebay or half.com Every album is essential. And on the Zeppelin front, I'm an odd man out, because my favorite Zeppelin album is "In Through The Out Door."

Buy them all from Led Zep I to In Through the OutDoor... dont get Coda though.. in other words get all their studio albums before Bonzo's death (the drummer) including Song Remains the Same soundtrack (though the best song from the movie isnt on their... Since Ive Been Loving You live version) ....

It's been so damn long since I've heard In Through the Out Door or Presence I can't even comment on them. But Achilles Last Stand is one of my all time favorite songs.

I think starting in order would be the best way to go. Check their discography, and pick away at them. Better to see how they progressed from album to album. Can't go wrong with any of them...every one is excellent but a little different in their own way.

Seth

You can't quite go wrong with Zeppelin. Start at the beginning and work your way up. Also even if you wanted to start with a live album... How The West Was Won is a 3 disc live album and it is amazing.

TheGraveDigger said:
You can't quite go wrong with Zeppelin. Start at the beginning and work your way up. Also even if you wanted to start with a live album... How The West Was Won is a 3 disc live album and it is amazing.

I'd pick the BBC Sessions if you want official live Zep.
The boots are a whole 'nother story....

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Buy them all from Led Zep I to In Through the OutDoor... dont get Coda though.. in other words get all their studio albums before Bonzo's death (the drummer) including Song Remains the Same soundtrack (though the best song from the movie isnt on their... Since Ive Been Loving You live version) ....
This is good advice, anything without Bonzo is not Led Zeppelin.