Best opening song...

What is the best opening song from an Opeth album?

• In the Mist She was Standing

Votes: 14 8.8%
  • Advent

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Prologue/April Ethereal

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • The Moor

Votes: 45 28.3%
  • The Leper Affinity

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Wreath

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Windowpane

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Ghost of Perdition

Votes: 27 17.0%

• Total voters

winters epilogue

Senior Lurker
Aug 27, 2004
Massachusetts
jeremytyarks.com
This seems a lot harder to me than the other polls, mainly because (for the most part) Opeth has some of their greatest stuff right at the beginning. If this was done before, I am really sorry.

I apologize for the "the" in "In Mist She was Standing"...no idea why that snuck in there

Oh yeah, and despite the fact I have been here over a year, this is my first post...so, uhm, hi everyone.

They're all good, but I chose Ghost of Perdition.

btw, In Mist She Was Standing doesn't have a "the" in the title.

Since Ghost of Perdition lately became my all-time favourite Opeth track, the choice wasn't very hard... ;)

In mist she was standing ... it tells you everything you need to know about Opeth (in that period).
and second favourite ghost of perdition ... because it shows the people who know opeth that they are still opeth, and that they can still surprise you a lot, changing and still remaining so familiar. it really prepares you a bit for the surprises to come on the album.

I seem to like the moor the best. I just think the intro creates a superior atmosphere which is carried on perfectly by the rest of the song.. wonderfull.

The Moor. The eerie slide guitar part, followed by the majestic classical guitar, and then BAM, into some of Opeth's best riffing ever. That song couldn't be better.

Crap I chose The Moor and then remembered that Advent opened Morningrise. Don't you all just love how Mike pronounces Morningrise on the D & D dvd - "morningrice".