Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Zakk Wylde

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Greatest Ozzy guitarist! Vote! (And feel free to comment on what you feel that particular guitarist added in his own unique way)!

Somehow Ozzy has the knack to hook up with the greatest guitarists out there - from Iommi to Wylde. Although I think Black Sabbath as a band are second to none, I think that from a guitarists perspective Randy Rhoads just blew everyone away at that time (including fellow shredders such as Van Halen).

However, my personal fave is Jake E Lee - it was Ozzy's "glam" period with Bark and Ultimate, but Jake played with SO much emotion - especially live. Ozzy really brought out the best in him because he has never been able to recapture that magic - shame.

I'm hoping that along with Tribute, Ozzy will one day release a live album from the Jake E Lee era. :headbang:

I wouldn't exactly call Tony Iommi an "Ozzy guitarist". :) :) That and the fact that he is really beyond competition limits my choice to the rest. It's really difficult but it'd have to be a tie between Rhoads and Wylde, I can't really choose between them. Well Rhoads for emotional reasons.....Sorry Zakk

This is a Duh question, Iommi gets excluded because Sabbath was his band(and he ruined it) So Rhoads it is, the greatest guitarist this side of Chuck Schuldiner.

Originally posted by veil the sky
Bloody hell!! That's actually pretty tricky!

..................Randy Rhoads

hey wait!!! Where's Jo Holmes??????????????

SHIT! Sorry, I forgot him. And he does deserve a shout (especially since I included Brad Gillis). If I remember correctly, he was a Rhoads student.

I saw him live with Ozzy on the OzzFest tour ('98 I think) and he was great - he could play in the style of Iommi, Rhoads, Lee, and Wylde. His menagarie spot was awesome (merging Diary of a Madman with Hellraiser for example).

Nice one Veil - cheers.

P.S. Perhaps I should have included Lita Ford too? :lol:

I didn't mean to add that to the poll! I just thought I'd share that info with people who care about Testament and Megadeth guitarists who could have become Ozzy guitarists instead. :headbang:

Yeah, Im just saying Blah....*cough*..........blah,HEY!(fucker).......blah, what ...Ozzy, Skolnick! He should be back in TestamenT......huh?........uh

What the...? You at Moe's Tavern?

Hello, can I speak to mister Al, last name Coholic?
Phone for Al...Al Coholic...Is there an Al Coholic here?
Wait a minute...
Listen, you little yellow-bellied rat jackass, if I ever find out who you are, I'm gonna kill you!
hahaha!

Moes, TAvern wou;d be welcome, I say Joe Holmes at an Ozz fets, he was actually quite good, in that not Randy Rhoads or Zakk kindofway, if you know what I mean?

Randy!

I seems to me Ozzy purposely never gets anyone as good or better than randy. He's gotten some very fine players. But I do not feel they have ever matched randy in skill. I will admit, I saw a clip of Zakk on Guitar.com. It was an interview on his technique. He did some pretty cool stuff. A few things I never really heard him do before on any ozzy discs. Maybe, Ozzy doesnt allow him to really shred. So anyways I have new respect for his playing.
But, Randy is still my favorite

I voted for Randy, but I love all the options there! Zakk is definitly number 2 on my list, then Jake, but I love all 3. As for brad, I actually haven't heard Speak Of The Devil, so I dont know! And for Tony... I agree he doesnt count as a Ozzy guitarist.

Randy Rhoads of course..the man had everything, emotional playing, some shred type stuff, classical playing, imo one of the best guitarists ever! iommi and wylde are great too but rhoads is just on another level imo. iommi wasnt so great technically but his rhythm playing was one of the things that started heavy metal and his lead playing had such a raw feeling to it(mostly because he used two solo tracks alot) and wylde of course can shred like hell but his material falls short of rhoads.

Originally posted by artificialreasons
Randy Rhoads of course..the man had everything, emotional playing, some shred type stuff, classical playing, imo one of the best guitarists ever! iommi and wylde are great too but rhoads is just on another level imo. iommi wasnt so great technically but his rhythm playing was one of the things that started heavy metal and his lead playing had such a raw feeling to it(mostly because he used two solo tracks alot) and wylde of course can shred like hell but his material falls short of rhoads.

well put. randy rhodes was amazing.

RANDY

If it wasn't for Randy, I would probably not have become a musician...and God only knows what I would be doing to pass time in this existence!!!! Randy has and always will be one of the biggest inspirations. IMO, Blizzard & Diary are Ozzy's best albums...why? RANDY!!!