Best part of Mardi Gras to be banned in AZ.

ForbiddenAngel

IT AINT GONNA LICK ITSELF
Feb 24, 2003
AZ
Visit site
Mardi Gras beads banned on Mill Avenue [size=-1]03/04/2003 [/size] No doubt there will be a Mardi Gras party in Arizona, especially on Mill Avenue, but Tempe police are trying to tone down one famous tradition.
<A class=moduleheader>Also Online
story_arrow.gif
Rain and worry won't stop Mardi Gras Recently, police issued a letter to about 200 merchants, including bars and restaurants, in downtown Tempe, asking merchants not to issue beads because of safety reasons, specifically to women who bare all to receive them.

Sgt. Dan Masters of the Tempe Police Department said that in New Orleans it's part of Mardi Gras behavior, but it can lead to criminal behavior.

Most Tempe residents say they weren't happy about the new policy and say it should be a woman's decision.

A lot of bars and restaurants didn't seem to mind the changes and said they will not encourage nudity.

Since the beads are off the menu, merchants say they will offer other crowd pleasers, such as masks, stuffed bears and T-shirts.

The Beads and Nudity are the best part of Mardi Gras.

That's a shame. No problems up here in Flag. I was bouncing at a bar here tonight, got to enjoy serious exchange of beads for boobies. Cheers, and lots o' metal.

eeeh, i almost bought a shit load of beads at party city, then decided it was gay and settled for one st. patricks day necklace, just green beads with a little green beer mug on it, hell yay:heh:. st. paddy's day, that's my day heh heh

Yeah, a bunch of women in Boheggers (sp?), a club in Baltimore, got citations for "indecent exposure", taking their shirts off to get Mardi Gras beads... but I don't quite get that, seeing as how, in order to be in most clubs, you have to be over 21, so it's not like the exposure was that indecent of found very offensive by people, lol. Seeing as how yesterday, Fat Tuesday, was only my 15th birthday, I was not at the club taking my shirt off and recieving Mardi Gras beads :( Lucky me, my birthday this year was on Fat Tuesday, the hight of the Mardi Gras madness... and the next day is a day on which, a few years ago, I'd have ashes smeared all over my face:err:... Ash Wednesday, people. I'll be damned if I'm giving up anything for Lent. Maybe some of the priests round here can give up sexual activities with little boys for 40 days...

Funny thought...there was a student walkout against war today. About 3-400 people showed up, and it was on Ash Wednesday. It just strikes me as weird that a bunch of mostly atheistic teenagers went on this big march on a Catholic holy day.

I dunno, I just felt like making a random observation. This is my only mode of communication right now, since I really fucked up my voice chanting "No blood for oil!" and such in a death-growl tone. I got the volume, but it was bad for my throat. Ah well.

The People In Arizona Got Screwed. The Main Reason That Most Guys Even Go To Mardi Gras Is Cuz They Wanna See Girls Flashing Their Tits And The Girls Are Actualy Having Fun When They're Flashing Total Strangers. Some Of The Girls Will Even Wear Their Shortest Skirt With No Underwear And Show U Their Pussy. And Even Girls Think That The Nudity Is Definately The Best Part Of Mardi Gras. I Feel Really Sorry For The People In Arizona.