Best Sampler Ever?

Greykiller

Shoot down the UFO's!
Mar 3, 2004
Sorry but I felt a new thread about the sampler is needed...After spinning the Sampler for this year, I have to admit I am going to buy albums from at least one new band on each disk...something I have never done before! Can anyone think of a PP Sampler that was better? What groups turn you on?

I made a mix CDR ot the 3 samplers just last night. The best song IMO is the DORIAN song "Sirens Scream"? That song ROCKS. There's others i really dig now but i'd have to look at the disc's for that,lol. HELL there right here in from of me....lets see!

The best bands i dig on it:

Dorian (Best song on them) * KICKS ASS*
Derick Sherridan
China Blue
Dream Evil
Section 16
Scott Mosher
Layne Loxleys Regenerator (love this tune)
Evergrey
SpiRitual
Krone
Wisdom Stone (is that Tony Martin of Black Sabbath singing on this?)
Braindance

and there are a few others i know i'm missing but i didn't mark the cd or write the names down, sorry. I had never even heard of these bands except for Sherridan (DT) before PP and thought it was really cool that they gave this to the attendees. Just another reason why Progpower USA is soooo cool. Maybe i;ll make PP 8 my 2nd one! :)

Thanks hombre, glad you are enjoying the song. There's more where that came from on the Deep Horizon CD - it's definitely something that's a little left of center!

Yeah guys and gals the Scott Mosher CD is pretty damn good in fact excellent, the one track on the sampler is not enough for me. In fact it was the first cd i bought a PPVII from none other that Chris in the lobby of the RI.

Haha... that shameless bastard (Rifkin) he did some of the dirty work... which I'm not any good at anyhow. Glad you enjoyed it man, and thanks for the support. I appreciate it almost as much as a free can of Dr. Pepper.

Can anyone think of a PP Sampler that was better? What groups turn you on?

PPVII was my first year attending, so I can't compare...but the sampler was definitely a great bonus for attendees! My favorites:

Dreamtone
Krone
Scott Mosher
Halcycon Way
Dorian
Suspyre
WizdomStone