Best Sanctuary song?

I only have Refuge Denied and my favs are Battle Angels and Die for my Sins. In all honesty, i don't see why everyone raves about them so much... it sounds pretty standard to me.

Edie Lies Obscured...Future Tense... Sancuatary was incredible, don't forget it was almost a different metal era... pretty standard?

Originally posted by Pure Evil
I only have Refuge Denied and my favs are Battle Angels and Die for my Sins. In all honesty, i don't see why everyone raves about them so much... it sounds pretty standard to me.

get yourself some into the mirror black magic.

Veil of Disguise

Taste Revenge is probably my least favorite. (Still a damn good song, but one of them has to be at the bottom of the list.)

What a necro thread. Anyway, for me:

Epitaph - the vocals are some of his most haunting/transcendent prior to stuff on Dreaming Neon Black. The music is decent too, but the vocals completely carry this song.

Communion, Seasons of Destruction and Battle Angels are my other favorites.

Honestly, I never really understood the whole "ahead of their time" praise that this band would get. Musically they were solid, but no one would have given them the time of day without Warrel. He's the entire reason the band had any attention. Otherwise, they would have simply been lost in the crowd with other "pretty good, but not spectacular" metal bands. I'm not saying that they didn't write good songs, because they did. But many bands write good songs.

my favourite = 4. "Epitaph"

THEY WERE THE REAL DEAL, I LIKED THEM AS THEY HAD THE AGGRESSION LOTS OF UK BANDS HAD LOST IN THEIUR WAYS...BUT MIRROR - HAD THE DARK GOTHIC METAL SOUNDTRACK SOUND...I QUESS!!

I WAS ALWAYS IMPRESSED WITH THEM EVEN NOW and their antics.

Seems the guitars are very thrash for the vinyl release..but they have smoothed out the other speedy parts