Best solo ever... (Becker)

Jason's creativity was more impressive than his tone and ability to me. Some of the clean stuff he played was (is) amazing.

yea maybe to some, but it find that having a girlfriend who doesnt care if you can play 2 notes per second or 20 kinda keeps you in touch with reality and reminds you that its not all about teh shr3dxor, if at all (will i be crucified for this now?).

Yes your sounding too much like Kenneth...(jk)

Jason Becker is one of the best that I ever heard. I really love him. It is a big lost for the music in general. A really waste of talent. He's just so amazing. I love Serrana, Altitudes, Air, Opus Pocus, And all the Cacophony' stuff. He's just amazing

On the contrary, he's talked about too much to the point of being one of the most overrated players. Fair enough he was good but there were plenty of other guitarists in the Shrapnel stable and elsewhere who were at least equal to or superior musically and technically. Definitely tonewise, his was a shocker.

Yeah, but the reason he is talked about so much is that most musicians at his stage would have given up making music.

Yeah, but the reason he is talked about so much is that most musicians at his stage would have given up making music.
Maybe yes, maybe no. There are countless artists who work through difficult circumstances and right up to their imminent deaths. Becker composed much of Perspective before he became totally incapacitated. Since then I don't think he's made anything.

Actually, if u watch his hotlicks video, you find out that he composed it using a software program made so he can use his eyes to move the cursor, and he did it into the computer 1 note at a time. That would have been incredibly slow and frustrating, and would have taken and insane amount of patience for him to get those tunes out...