Best song on "The Empires Of The Worlds"

Plague Witch

Infidel
Oct 22, 2002
Pacific Northwest, USA
Possibly the most difficult decision of the year. I personally could not narrow it down to one, but the ones that leave me beaten and bleeding everytime are:

1. Assaulter (Goddamn what a scream on that chorus!)
2. Long Time Dead (great combination of melody and aggression)
3. Regenerated (One of the fastest songs on the album; LOVE the subtle link to "Eight Moons" with the addition of the first line from "The Awakening" at the end of the song.)
4. Survival (one of the hardest, most driving choruses I've ever heard)
5. Truth Denied (probably the heaviest tune on the album, just kicks my ass every time)

Plague Witch said:
3. Regenerated (One of the fastest songs on the album; LOVE the subtle link to "Eight Moons" with the addition of the first line from "The Awakening" at the end of the song.)

I think your one of the first people to get that :D I know John was wandering when someone might pick up on it!

Very hard to pick favourites I think sometimes it depends what mood I'm in :)grin: :mad: :Shedevil: :cry: :zombie: )

Well today I'm going for

1) Enemy Within
2) Long Time Dead
3) Survival (My mad momemt of the day)
4) Regenerated

I think you'd have to be deaf to miss the bit on the end of Regeneration! Its a cool tie in along with the story line and the whole concept...

Favourite songs...

Relinquished Destiny
Enemy Within
Truth Denied
Regenerated
The Empires Of The World

Existenz said:
I think your one of the first people to get that :D I know John was wandering when someone might pick up on it!

Yeah, John was stoked when I asked him about it in the interview. There are so many little things like that in this album-John and all obviously busted their asses to make this the best record possible, and it shows. I'm anxious to crank out an extended review.

I have also been geeking out on the themetic links, includung Regenerated (Awakening), Long Time Dead (Eight Moons), Final Offence (In The Core Of Darkness and Eight Moons), Existenz (Eight Moons), Truth Denied (Awakening then back to Survival).

I also found links of construction meter and theme if not lyrical similarity between Relinquished Destiny and Save Me.

In terms of favorate songs:
Assaulter
Regerated
Survival
Disintegration
From The Abyss

I too find it impossible to choose when all the tracks on this album are simply astounding.

However, for my choice

Assaulter
Disintegration
Regenerated
Enemy Within
Absolution
Empires of the Worlds

:OMG:

Sherry x

Same here! Hard to choose, as any song on The Empires kicks ass, the one or the other way!

Enemy Within
Relinquished Destiny
Long Time Dead
Regenerated
DNA Metastasis
Absolution

as said, hard to pick! Normally I don´t pick a single song, I rather let TEOTW run through from song 1 to the end and take it as a whole kick as experience! :kickass: Think that speaks well for the quality of the albums song composition!:cool:

Got to be Truth Denied. that fucking drum intro then blasting into the riff. its so fast. it makes me want to run on the spot. its just so wild. but its kind of "fun" as well if you can understand that.

one bit in particular i like is the bit where its kinda like a robot voice over a less crazy palm muted part going "ahhahahahh cantstopmeyoucanstopme ahahahahah....." then it blows up back into the main shouty " CANT STOP MEH, YOU CANT STOP MEHAH!". even the ending to that song is awsome.

i could pick out amazing bits to all the songs really. i have to mention also the intro to Enemy Within is one of the best intros to any song ever. and i got to see it get played twice when they played, cos they did it for soundcheck.

Ninjistical Logistics said:
one bit in particular i like is the bit where its kinda like a robot voice over a less crazy palm muted part going "ahhahahahh cantstopmeyoucanstopme ahahahahah....." then it blows up back into the main shouty " CANT STOP MEH, YOU CANT STOP MEHAH!". even the ending to that song is awsome. .

:kickass: :)

Haha, well it's not a "personal secret" or anything.. just the fact that it is deeply influenced by Queensryche and i consider it the most emotional (in my way of liking) moment of the album. Also John's voice there really shines.

IOfTheStorm said:
Haha, well it's not a "personal secret" or anything.. just the fact that it is deeply influenced by Queensryche and i consider it the most emotional (in my way of liking) moment of the album. Also John's voice there really shines.

:cool:

IOfTheStorm said:

Yeah, one particular thing that impresses me about John´s vox, is that he can make use of other singers "tones" (if you know them) and combine that into his own kick ass way of singing! :kickass: I had never heard Geoff Tate change from his normal clear voice "tone" to the Pantera like heavy aggressive stuff (maybe he did, but I did not purchase any QR albums after "Empire" anymore, so I don´t probably know) No matter what John sings, I always recognize that he does it at 110% "intensity", every single word, vocal line, maybe even the breathing in between! :cool: Off course that´s also a result of nowadays production and recording methods (of which John and Andy Sneap make best use of), but doing the right thing at the right time within a song is what I mean!

I wasn´t really a listener to trash metal before and the way Biomechanical makes it (as part of their whole unique style) for the first time made it really attractive to me! Could even be I´ll watch out for some old Pantera stuff to shorten the time until "Cannibalised" starts to melt down my CD player!:headbang:

Damn! they are all good, but if i have to choice 2 or 3.....
mmmmm.... well the title track, Long time dead and regenerator rule!!!!

RockinHarry said:
I rather let TEOTW run through from song 1 to the end and take it as a whole kick as experience! :kickass: Think that speaks well for the quality of the albums song composition!:cool:

I agree. I prefer to treat TEOTW as one song and listen to it all through in one go. Like you wouldn't want to break up Rush's 2112 or Genesis' Supper's Ready. That way it becomes less an album and more an experience. Suits it, don't you think?

Well the whole album kick's my ass and there's no chance in Biohell i can choose one :worship: :worship:

To Rockinharry: I know this is a metter of opinions and tastes my bet is you can't go wrong with Pantera!!:headbang: :headbang:

Otrovanje said:
To Rockinharry: I know this is a metter of opinions and tastes my bet is you can't go wrong with Pantera!!:headbang: :headbang:

Guess I´ll try "Vulgar Display of Power" first? Or better recommendations? Just purchased SYL´s Alien, which was oftenly compared to what Biomechanical do! Good album, but I can´t share these opinions. Dev does his very own stuff as well as John K! Both kick ass in their very own unique ways!:headbang: :cool:

Vulgar display of power is definitely a good album. If you're getting that, you should also get Cwoboys From Hell. Songs like Shattered and Cemetery Gates really show that Dimebag Darrell was one of the best metal guitarists ever.

jackchimono said:
Vulgar display of power is definitely a good album. If you're getting that, you should also get Cwoboys From Hell. Songs like Shattered and Cemetery Gates really show that Dimebag Darrell was one of the best metal guitarists ever.

Thanks for the tips! Just purchased "Vulgar display of power". Well it can´t compete with TEOTW, but still a very good album!:headbang: