Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Do or Die

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Alone in the Dark

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Apocalyptic City

Votes: 17 13.1%

• Total voters
Over The Wall has always had a special place in my heart being my first Testament song. None of the songs on the album are letdowns, though.

are you kidding me?there's no way in hell to come up with a favorite song out of this one.I voted for The Haunting just because it's my favorite song today,tomorrow it will be Apocalyptic City.other favorites would be First Strike is Deadly and Over the Wall.the Murphy versions of Burnt Offerings and Alone in the Dark on the Live in Filmore album are amazing also...

And again haha :D

Alone in the Dark just barely won this, the only song on the album I'd never vote for is Do Or Die. That intro riff really pisses me off, no idea why but I just don't like it.

I love Do or Die because of Chuck's performance- especially in the second verse, where he moves from high-pithed shriek to growl. Can't wait to hear some footage of their London performance (I hope they won't skip this song and play only what they've been playing for the past 15 years. The same goes for A Day of Reckoning).

It's tough for me to decide between this album and "The New Order" for my favourite Testament album, so choosing a favourite from it isn't the easiest task in the world! It's also my fave debut album of all time from any thrash band. :)

"Over The Wall" has the best solo on the album, and is one of the greatest solos ever recorded, in my opinion. I spent countless hours trying to figure out how to play that one! :lol: "The Haunting" is the most atmospheric song on the album, especially with that strange and captivating intro (and outro) riff, and it's dark chorus. "Do Or Die" has the catchiest chorus, and quickly became a firm favourite of mine due to that. The lead riff immediately following the chorus is also extremely memorable, and immense fun to play too! "First Strike Still Deadly" contains the best riff on the album, and I love the way it comes crashing in just before the first chorus! It also contains an amazing solo which is almost the equal to the solo in "Over The Wall".

"Raging Waters" is the most intense song overall on the album, and I always get the chills whilst listening to it. The lyrics certainly help to add to that effect, as well as Chuck screaming "Every one man for himself!" I've always held a deep affection for "Alone In The Dark" due to it's Egyptian leanings in it's musical composition, especially that timeless intro, and lead riff. I'd rather not pick just one song from this album as it is all so great, but if I had a gun put to my head and was forced to choose, I'd probably go with First Strike, purely because of THAT riff, it's magnificent solo, and overall intensity, as well as Chuck's screaming vocals being at their finest! :)

you can pick any song off of this album, it's that good. right now I'd go with Apocalyptic City, very underrated thrashy tune.

edit: oh shit, just noticed I've already voted here...