Best song on "The Odyssey"

scanner313

The EYE
Aug 5, 2002
Western PA, USA
Visit site
I've listened to the album 3 or 4 times now, and my early opinion is that "Accolade II" is the best song on this album.

I really haven't grasped the track "The Odyssey" yet. I really like the opening orchestration (sounds like something they should play at the opening ceremony of the Olympics) but some of the rest of the song just hasn't stuck with me yet. Not like "The Divine Wings...". It took me a while to appreciate the monastic chanting at the beginning, but once I got past that the song hooked me right from the beggining. I think it's becuase it slowly decends to a very dark and heavy point and then comes back at the end. I just don't get the same feel from "The Odyssey" yet. I hope I eventually do, but I still think TDWOT (the song) is better.

I really like "Inferno" and "King of Terrors" too. But "Accolade II" I think shows all of what I love about SymphonyX. It's just another SyX classic!

my favorites are "Accolade II", "Awakenings", "The Odyssey" and "Inferno (Unleash the fire)". The latter was played in a German radio metal show due to a vwish made by...take a guess! :p

well, i would vote for Teh Odyssey as the best.

in second ... i dont know... im between awakening, inferno and incantations of an apprentice

anyway, the whole album is terrifc

Tulio

Hmm.. tough choice. I think it's impossible to pick a favorite off of this amazing album... I love every second of it. I can't wait until the Jaxx show!

Really tough because it is hard to compare the faster songs with Accolade II. I think the Odyssey is the best overall but Inferno and Accolade II are really, really close.