Alternate Odyssey track list

MorphineChild205

Lt. Horatio Caine
Jun 20, 2003
Chicago
I recently purchased a book on power metal (by RockDetector) and skipped to the Symphony X section to discover something strange. It listed an alternate track listing for The Odyssey album. Surprisingly, the book is copyrighted 2003. Anyway, here's the tracks.

The Odyssey
King Of Terrors
Awakenings
Incantations Of The Apprentice
Inferno (Unleash The Fire)
Wait With The Wicked
Accolade II
Frontiers
The Turning

Obviously, "Wait With The Wicked" turned out to be "Wicked". However, what is this "Frontiers" song? Does anyone have any clue?

Yep, Romeo says it got left off the 'regular' cd because it didn't quite fit with the other songs..you'll understand why if you hear it.

The book is a series of metal-themed books called RockDetector. It's called A-Z of Power Metal (but also includes many prog bands, such as Dream Theater and Fates Warning). It also comes with a CD of various power metal bands. There's other books in the series on Thrash Metal, Death Metal and Doom, Gothic and Stoner Metal.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can hear this Frontiers song? I really want to hear it now!

SilentRealm said:
Why do the Japanese get all the special edition stuff, and get cd's released there first?

For what it's worth, the live CD and the Odyssey were both released in Japan AFTER their US and European release dates. Cant explain the live cd, but the Odyssey was based on being released on a different label.

As far as the bonus track issue and Japanese releases, Japan does that so that they will sell records in Japan. The bonus tracks are incentive to Japanese people to buy the release from the home record label versus buying a cheaper import release. Yes, strangely enough they and get imports cheaper than domestic versions. Ah the value of currency is a wonderful thing ;)

Glenn

AH!!!....The almighty "Fronteirs" bonus track! I forgot all about this song. When the Odyssey first came out I remember hearing about this song and trying to download it on Kazaa or wherever. I never had any luck (don't Japanese ppl use Kazaa!?). I still would love to hear this song and it annoys me that I am reminded of the song. I forgot about it and I was not bothered to find and hear it. But now I must seek it out once again!

Hmm how does Frontiers go? I got a 2nd copy of The Oddysy in Taiwan back in Jan. and they had Masqaurade plus a 10th track, they did not print a name on it just "track 10". Japanese DOMESTIC cd's can cost about $25-$30 so only those RICH SX fans there can afford the cd's :p

rockmanxpr said:
Hmm how does Frontiers go? I got a 2nd copy of The Oddysy in Taiwan back in Jan. and they had Masqaurade plus a 10th track, they did not print a name on it just "track 10". Japanese DOMESTIC cd's can cost about $25-$30 so only those RICH SX fans there can afford the cd's :p

That Taiwanese cd has Frontiers on it. It's track number 10.

Glenn

Why didn´t anybody tell me how cool this song is?! I just downloaded it on Soulseek (which is INSANE as far as sheer quantity is concerned) and like it very much. It´s heavy, yet melodic and full of keyboards, sounds much like the old TDWOT days (which is a good thing! :D ) with a very epic chorus and an insane solo section (Lepond goes crazy! :Spin: ). Good stuff!

yeah i think its more reminiscant of dwot album style, hence why it didnt fit with the vibe of the odyssey album. goes for about 4 and a half minutes.. the way russ sings on the verses and all is really beautiful, the chorus for me took some getting used to, but its fine.

i didnt like it as much as i like the other odyssey songs, but nontheless i still really liked it.