"Frontiers" through the mist I see-

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
I bet a mod or Mark deleted it (i'm pretty sure it was Mark)
Why? There was nothing bad in it. I had just stated that I had downloaded the Frontiers song.

Is it just me, or does the beginning of Frontiers sound like a Winger song? Especially when Russell does that "yeah ye-e-yeah".

Hmm I have a good suggestion for Symphony X. I think what they should do is release Frontiers as a single in the US, and then maybe they could do a remake of one of their old songs off the first album like Premonotion, Absinthe and Rue, or Rapture or Pain, and put it on there with Frontiers. I think that would be totally worth it, and I would buy it for sure.

Originally posted by Snowmaker
Why? There was nothing bad in it. I had just stated that I had downloaded the Frontiers song.

That's the problem, Mark doesn't want anyone to post anything MP3 related (song downloads) maybe Jax could give you some info.

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
Yep, it's SymX's message board..so show them some friggin respect.

End of story.
I bought the L.E. of the Odyssey CD. I went to see them in concert and personally thanked them for coming to Detroit. I think I've shown them plenty of respect. Paying $30+ for another copy of the same CD just for one song is not showing respect, its showing that you have extra money burning a hole in your pocket. You are not helping the band so much as you are helping out the Japanese CD market. :rolleyes:

Take a look at Jax's post.
Who is Jax?

Lady of the Oracle = Jax

I though it was mentioned at the top right of the first page of the SymX forum but it did not. So you could not know.

Some of us know Jax way back from the TeOF mailing list.

Please show the guys a *tiny* shred of respect by not asking for a download arena. ;)

With that said, it really would be swell if the guys worked out some manner for people who've purchased The Odyssey to perhaps sample "Frontiers." Maybe mp3.com? Heck, I paid for Eric Johnson's latest, Souvenir, on mp3.com...perhaps SX could consider that option? I mean, I'll special-order the Japanese edition of The Odyssey if I must, but...

I bought the L.E. of the Odyssey CD. I went to see them in concert and personally thanked them for coming to Detroit. I think I've shown them plenty of respect. Paying $30+ for another copy of the same CD just for one song is not showing respect, its showing that you have extra money burning a hole in your pocket. You are not helping the band so much as you are helping out the Japanese CD market.

Hey take it easy, why don't you stop and think a little bit more before posting? she doesn't know if you buyed the album or not (anyone could easily lie, i'm not saying you are) you said that you downloaded the song, on their own fucking board:rolleyes: that's why you got your post deleted. There are rules on these boards and you need to respect them.

Hey take it easy, why don't you stop and think a little bit more before posting? she doesn't know if you buyed the album or not (anyone could easily lie, i'm not saying you are) you said that you downloaded the song, on their own fucking board:rolleyes: that's why you got your post deleted. There are rules on these boards and you need to respect them.
I've posted before that I had bought the CD. I think it was in a thread about the same issue. Besides, if I didn't even have the rest of The Odyssey, why would I even fuss about one little bonus track?

Originally posted by Snowmaker
I've posted before that I had bought the CD. I think it was in a thread about the same issue. Besides, if I didn't even have the rest of The Odyssey, why would I even fuss about one little bonus track?

That's not the point, anyone can say ''hey I bought The Odyssey'' without telling the truth (note: i'm not saying you are lying) the fuss is that this is the band's board and they read this shit, what would they think if they read your post? if you download the songs and you buyed the album, that's fine, but don't tell it here on the band's own board.

What better place to discuss anything and everything about Symphony X? :rolleyes:

If the band comes in here and says; " this guy bought our CD, came to see us in concert, and yet downloaded one free song of ours! What an asshole!", then that's my problem. They are the ones who didn't offer the song to us.

I'm sure they wouldn't want to pay twice the price for something that they already had 90-95% of either.

Can't you see that there're rules on these boards?

If the band comes in here and says " this guy bought our CD, came to see us in concert, and yet downloaded one free song of ours! What an asshole!", then that's my problem.

How are they supposed to know?the bottom line is that Mark gave explicit rules that he won't tolerate posts like the one you posted and i'm pretty sure Jax agrees. Again, if you downloaded the song that's fine, but if you want to respect Mark and the band please don't post it on the board.