"Frontiers" through the mist I see-

Prismatic Sphere

We Carouse
Jul 18, 2002
In A Bowl Of Chili
www.lp.org
A pretty cool song. I guess I can see why Romeo didn't think that it fit musically with the rest of the album. It is a bit different(then again so is Masquerade;) ). But lyrically and thematically it's got "The Odyssey" written all over it. It's all about heading into the great unknown.:) LePond is all over this one with some stand out basslines and a sweet Romeo solo over a jarring bassline similar to the setup in "Egypt". Good stuff. A little bit short of a song for forking out an extra $30.00 but hey-

I've got nothing but total faith in Symphony X and they're worth every penny.:cool:

So here's the breakdown:

Inferno(Unleash The Fire): 10/10:headbang:
Wicked: 10/10 - I LOVE this song!
Incantations Of The Apprentice: 9/10
The Accolade II: 10/10
King Of Terrors: 8.8/10
The Turning: 8.7/10
Awakenings: 10/10 HELL YEAH!
The Odyssey: 10/10 MAGNIFICENT!!!
Masquerade: 10/10 CLASSIC
Frontiers: 8.9/10
:cool:

Different than the rest of the album? Now I really want to hear this! Where did you get it from? I can't believe you gave Tracks 5 and 6 suck low scores. :cry:

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
Different than the rest of the album? Now I really want to hear this! Where did you get it from? I can't believe you gave Tracks 5 and 6 suck low scores. :cry:

Well NO Symphony X song from The Damnation Game onwards is below an 8. Tracks 5 and 6 don't stand out as much except for the heaviness capacity but Track 5 has really grown on me. It used to be a solid 8.
All scores are mostly in contrast to the rest of the album.

Btw, I got it in Union Square in NYC.

8.8 and 8.7 are bad scores? They were too of the heavier tracks, but I agree that they weren't two of the best. They are still awesome, but compared to the rest of the album I think those are fair scores.

Originally posted by Prismatic Sphere
A pretty cool song. I guess I can see why Romeo didn't think that it fit musically with the rest of the album.

I cant, its a totally typical SX type of tune.

Originally posted by Prismatic Sphere
A pretty cool song. I guess I can see why Romeo didn't think that it fit musically with the rest of the album. It is a bit different(then again so is Masquerade;) ). But lyrically and thematically it's got "The Odyssey" written all over it. It's all about heading into the great unknown.:) LePond is all over this one with some stand out basslines and a sweet Romeo solo over a jarring bassline similar to the setup in "Egypt". Good stuff.

Now put it on your hard drive and log onto Kazaa!! :D

It would be nice if the SyX guys would make this song available as an MP3 for those of us who bought the US versions of the CD. We shouldn't have to go out and buy another copy just for 1 song. Hopefully this idea will get to them. I'm sure if they found out how many of us want that song they'd do it.

How is Russell's performance on "Frontiers"? Does it have the same production values as the rest of the album?

It does. The chorus sounds different however as it has multiple vocals, a little bit different from the harmony choruses of the past-but still really cool.:cool: