Best way to introduce myself in Testament.

Chan

New Metal Member
May 29, 2009
Hi,
wich is the best way to introduce myself in testament? Plase tell me any specific cds or compilations !

Pick up First Strike Still Deadly - they are re-recordings of the best songs from their first couple of albums and also get their latest studio album, The Formation of Damnation.
Then work your way to the middle - get Practice What You Preach and The Gathering, and so on.

You can't go wrong with any CD from Testament. Every album is a Classic Thrash Masterpiece!!

But if I had to pick one to start with it would be "The Gathering"

I agree that any you start with will be a treat. Souls Of Black is fantastic. First Strike Still Deadly is awesome just because its all their older hits re-recorded with their new sound. Practice What you Preach is so epic as well. The Ritual is kind like their "Black" album, so to speak. Not as thrashy, but every song is just so spot on and great to listen to.

It's pretty hard to say what to begin with. I'd start with "The Formation of Damnation' and "Practice What You Preach", then "The Ritual" and "The Gathering", then "The New Order" and "Low". Or get "Signs of Chaos" (compilation, from 1997) or a live album. Anyway, you'll get them all eventually. If you like heavier stuff, get something from 1994 til now (Low, Demonic, Gathering, Formation), if you like more classic stuff get one of the 1st five records (Legacy, New Order, Practice, Souls, Ritual).

oh, and be sure to get back here to tell us what you've chosen and if you liked it