The new Testament album RULES!

My first Testament album was Souls Of Black, and I've been a huge fan ever since...

TFOD is a brilliant, awesome record! It's been in my car stereo continuously for over a week now and it's not going to be leaving anytime soon. I'm already jonesing for more - let's hope it doesn't take another decade for the next album!

fuck yeah the new cd kicksass i did not download any songs of the myspace page i waited untill i got it in my hands.and dam this cd rules.cant wait to see you guys in new zealand in november.:headbang::headbang:

Just heard a couple of tracks on myspace. The two sounds I heard sound awesome! TFOD is now on my to get list! Love the way that Testament has maintained their integrity through out their career, never selling out unlike some other titans....oh and love the cover artwork as well!

FINALLY got my copy of the album yesterday (been saving up for studio time and holidays - too broke to get it). Was a lil worried when my Bro told me it was a digipak cause I generally don't like em, but the package for this one is unbelievable!!!!

The music - WOW!!!!!!!!! I agree that it doesn't really sound like any past album. Is more like they've combined everything and that's what we get with this one. Is gonna get some serious playtime in the stereo I'm thinking.

Paul's drums are GODLY, but everyone really stepped up and played their arses off. Can't comment song by song yet, as I'm not familar enough with it, but goddamn!!! CONGRATS on such a solid effort Testament - can't wait to see ya's later in the year!! :kickass:

the 2nd half of the album is better than the first half

Im a agree with that you know that is true

WOW i wait so long for this record to coming out and it works every single second of my wait i love u guys, Chuck, Eric, Alex , Paul n Greg, one word to describe Testament Should be... PERFECTION:headbang::kickass:

TFOD is a fantastic release! In my opinion, the sound is a hybrid of The Ritual and Low. The bottom line is, if you're a long time Testament fan, then you can't go wrong with the The Formation of Damnation. :headbang:

~Brian~

I got it yesterday, and i've only managed to listen to about 4 songs. TFOD is the worst song so far, i hate the vocals, and the breakdowns are totally gay, but the other songs sound pretty sweet. But then again.... they're not gonna do The New Order again so i guess from what i've heard it's okay for them at this stage in their career. Thank god it's not St. Anger.

This is the best thrash album I've ever heard!! From first to last, there are only killer songs, The Prosecuted Won't Forget being my fave! This song in itself has everything that metal should be, packed in less than 6 minutes. :worship:

Must be the record of the year!

Very well done, Testament! See you in two days... :kickass::headbang:
/SE

Finally!!!! I was turned on to this band in 1994/95 from my guitar teacher. I have always felt like this band has never received the credit that they deserve. I had no Idea that Alex had rejoined the band until I saw a recent mag showing Billy, Skolnick & Peterson in a picture. Then I saw a drum ad with Paul on drums w/ Testament's name on it. So after those 2 pictures, I shit my pants and was like OMG I need to dust off those records.

So I take it then that you haven't seen or picked up the Live in London DVD from '05 yet? Dude, you must go NOW and buy this DVD! Obviously, none of the TFOD material is on it, but it still fucking OWNS! Same band except for John Tempesta & Louie splitting the drum duties. No Testament fan should be without it!

Here's hoping they'll do a new one from this tour!