Testament

Crusader

Metal addict
Sep 13, 2002
Hi all Testament fans! I'm new to this band, bought the "Best of.." cd yesterday, and I need someone to answer my questions :D First, the members of Testament, have they been the same since the beginning? And are they still "active"? I saw some tourdates on their website but wasn't sure. From the "Best of.." cd it seems that the Souls of Black album is of a more calm album? I definately like the style of The Legacy, completely love that song! Has Testament done anymore song like The Legacy? The best album(s)? I would really appreciate your help!
Thank You :worship:

-Crusader

Welcome "Crusader" ,

You have a lot of reading to do , check out the "Bio" on the Testament website to kind of catch up w/ Testament. Some of your questions will be answered.

Hello all of you! Thanks for the warm welcome! I guess i'll read that bio then.

As for the best albums, I recommend the first three above the others, but do get 'em all, maybe starting in the beginning and buying your way through the years.

Weeeelllcoooome tooo theee faaaaaaaaaaaaaalll....

Whoops, wrong board. *clears throat* Yeah, welcome to the TL board, glad to see a new face.

The band did three other ballads in the vein of "The Legacy," those being "Trail of Tears" (from Low), "Return To Serenity" (from The Ritual), and the appropriately titled "The Ballad" (from The Legacy).

My personal favorite albums are The Legacy and Low; Legacy is vicious thrash with a solid dose of guitar melody, while Low is just plain HEAVY.If you're more into the calm, melodic side of Testament, try The Ritual–I'm not big on it myself, but i know a lot of people are.

1.The Legacy Album
2. The New Order Album
3. The Gathering Album
4. Practice What You Preach
5. First Strike Still Deadly

Then fill in the rest thats missing, cause you'll be hooked!:hotjump:

Pyrus said:
The band did three other ballads in the vein of "The Legacy," those being "Trail of Tears" (from Low), "Return To Serenity" (from The Ritual), and the appropriately titled "The Ballad" (from The Legacy).
1) You can also find acoustic versions of three ballads on Live at the Fillmore - they totally kick ass. (and so does Live at the Fillmore as a whole):headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

2) Finding "The Ballad" on The Legacy album can be a bit difficult Pyrus :Spin: ;) - but if you try to find it on "Practice what you preach" ...i got this funny feeling it might be there somewhere :cool:

soulflypl said:
1) You can also find acoustic versions of three ballads on Live at the Fillmore - they totally kick ass. (and so does Live at the Fillmore as a whole):headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Hell yeah dude I just finally managed to get Live at the Fillmore. That would have made an awesome video. And A Dirge is just great beyond words.

A belated welcome from me, Crusader! The song that resembles The Legacy the most is probably Trail Of Tears. You've heard the "best of", so you prolly already know Return To Serenity and The Ballad. There wasn't much more slow songs- only The Ritual and Musical Death (a dirge). As for the albums, I suggest the following order (not my favs, but a right way for you I think, as you prefer the calmer material): 1.Souls Of Black 2.The Ritual 4.Practice What You Preach 5.The New Order- then if you'll have liked what you heard- the rest. Just my suggestion

Hi everyone, :wave:

i'm new here too, i think i've heard like one song :D so i'm sure i'll listen to some more soon, are there any mp3's for me to download?

Susie said:
Hi everyone, :wave:

i'm new here too, i think i've heard like one song :D so i'm sure i'll listen to some more soon, are there any mp3's for me to download?
verycool.jpg