Best & Worst Album Covers?

B000003S09.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Best.Cover.Ever

I've got that album, it rules. Cover is kind of funny, heheh. Really good painting though, wish I knew what it meant, too lazy to look it up. >,<

The hell? King Crimson? Bad Music? Those two don't go together.....

Triumphant Apostle said:
Overkill-The Years Of Decay, Horrorscope, Killbox 13

The worst album cover ever!!!!!!!!!!!!: Scroll down to the bottom of this page and look at that shit. That had me and some friends pissing ourselves with laughter for about an hour when we first saw it. I still know nothing about that band, they could be good, but that album cover is hilarious. You almost feel sorry for that creature!

http://musica.mustdie.ru/en/band/wolf/3638/

XAXAXA
Prikolno!

The first few Candlemass albums rocked. Especially Epicis Doomicus Metalicus... sometimes simple is reeaaally good.

Type-O-Negative - Bloody Kisses

Probably the most striking album cover out there, it immediately leaps off the rack everytime I walk into Tower Records.

Other good ones:

Queensryche - Promised Land
Megadeth - Youthanasia
Skinny Puppy - Mind The Perpetual Intercourse
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Coil - Gold is the Metal with the Broadest Shoulders

ENSLAVED - FROST.

IMO this cover has one of the best front covers, AND one of the worst back covers. The picture on the fron, when you take it out the cd case, is really atmospheric. The pictures on the back are just fucking ridiculous - That fat guy is hilarious. :lol:

Favorites:

Dead Can Dance- Within the Realm of a Dying Sun

Emperor-In the Nightside Eclipse

King Crimson-In the Court of the Crimson King

Opeth-Still Life

Dissection-Storm of the Lights Bane

Jimi Hendrix-Axis: Bold as Love

Best and worst are the same. >:p~

Yngwie Trilogy. After over 15 years, I still can't decide if Yngwie fighting a three-headed dragon by shooting fire out of his guitar is the coolest or cheesiest album cover I have ever seen. : /

Bryant

The irony is that apparently the dude who painted the Wolf cover is a famous Scandinavian children's book artist, who is very well respected for his unique style. Knowing this I took a closer lok at the picture, and some of it is sorta cool...look at the eye-fingers for instance.

I'm too lazy to find and link a bunch of pics so if you're interested just look your damned self:

BEST

Marduk - Fuck Me Jesus - That shit's just hi-fucking-larious. A crucifix as a dildo? Genius.

Cryptopsy - None So Vile - Gotta love it when a band that kicks this much ass also carries their talent over to the artwork on the front. How can the virgin and jesus with the word VILE emblazoned over them not be cool?

Cradle of Filth - Damnation and a Day - CoF ALWAYS has fucking cool artwork with their stuff, but this just tops it all. Not only does the cover have a beautifully evil cover of a man wandering through the layers of hell, the inside flaps have lyrics as well as more artwork by the same artist. It's fucking great.

Zyklon - World Ov Worms - With a band member crawling from the sewers, covered in decay and maggots. Greatness.

Behemoth - Zos Kia Kultvs - A full-sized image of the traditional Baphomet with tons of alchemical and hermetic sigils in the background, with an over-all intense feeling to the whole image. This is my fav of all time.

WORST

Danzig - I Luciferi - Now, I LOVE Danzig. He is GOD. However... this has got to be one of the worst album covers I've ever seen. It's him in his get-up (as usual) with some girls in a photo that looks like it was taken with a disposable Kodak Funsaver. It's not pretty.

Zakk Wylde - I forget the name of the album but all it is is a Harley V-Twin engine block on a solid white background... yea... that's SO metal *rolls eyes*

Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrant - I love Emperor. I love this album. I hate the cover. It looks like a band member just drew it by hand five minutes before it went to press. While drunk.

In my opinion, some of the best covers that come to mind include Anathema's "A Fine Day to Exit," The Blood Brothers' "This Adultery is Ripe," Dream Theater's "Awake," and I'm also quite fond of the cover for Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here," which is quite possibly my all-time favorite album-cover.

Best CD cover

Haemorrage/Ingrowing-Putrefaction (I Still Remind)

This cover depicts a young boy being mauled by a dog.

Worst CD cover

Metallica-Metallica (the Black album)

Can anything be this boring?